What's new

BIG BROTHER 11 HTF TOP TEN CHALLENGE: Check to see who won! (1 Viewer)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
[COLOR= #339900][SIZE= larger]Contest Updates: [/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR= #339900][SIZE= larger]***FINAL RESULTS a[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE= larger][COLOR= #339933]s Of September 15, 2009***[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE= larger][COLOR= #339933]
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
List of Entrants and Their FINAL Scores
[COLOR= #ff0000][WINNER in RED][/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]32.0 JeffMc
[/COLOR][COLOR= #0000ff]41.0 Matt^Brown
41.0 Anthony C
32.0 NYSandy*
[/COLOR][COLOR= #0000ff]44.0 mike caronia[/COLOR][COLOR= #ff0000]
[/COLOR][COLOR= #ff0000]31.0 Dheiner[/COLOR]
[COLOR= #0000ff]40.0 Patrick Sun[/COLOR][COLOR= #000000]*
[/COLOR]40.0 RAF[COLOR= #000000]*
[/COLOR]

* Ineligible for the DVD prize package (HTF moderators and significant others)

LINK TO CURRENT EXCEL SPREADSHEET HERE
(requires MS Excel or spreadsheet utility to view)
The Fate of The Final 13 (in alphabetical order)
Braden [COLOR= #0000ff]13
[/COLOR]Casey[COLOR= #0000ff] 11
[/COLOR]Chima [COLOR= #0000ff]08[/COLOR]
Jeff[COLOR= #0000ff] 05
[/COLOR]Jessie [COLOR= #0000ff]09
[/COLOR][COLOR= #ff0000]Jordan 01
[/COLOR]Kevin [COLOR= #0000ff]03[/COLOR]
Laura[COLOR= #0000ff] 12
[/COLOR]Lydia [COLOR= #0000ff]07[/COLOR]
Michele [COLOR= #0000ff]04[/COLOR]
Natalie [COLOR= #0000ff]02[/COLOR]
Ronnie 10
Russell
[COLOR= #0000ff]06
[/COLOR]
Contest Information:
Based on the favorable response to the "Top Ten Challenge" format that we introduced several years ago I am setting up a Top Ten Challenge for Big Brother 11. The program starts July 9, 2009) so it's time for those interested to start doing their homework. Here's a link to some source material.

For those not familiar with the format, a "Top Ten Challenge" involves entrants picking the order in which they believe that the top ten finalists of a reality program will finish once the smoke clears. The rules are spelled out below which should clarify most of this.

Here are rules (as developed for the American Idol 6 contest and refined by the HTF participants):
  • Only ONE entry per member.
  • List your top ten in numerical order (1-10).
  • Your list must be unique. No duplicate lists allowed. For duplicate lists, first submission gets that list.
  • Once you submit a list, it is FINAL. No edited lists are allowed (unless your original list is invalid due to a mistake or a duplication.)
  • Scoring is as follows: You are assigned 1 point for each position that your prediction is away from the final position of each contestant. For example, if you predict a contestant to come in 3rd and he or she comes in 7th you get 4 points. If that contestant comes in 12th you get 9 points. A 2nd place finish gets you 1 point. And so forth.
  • Lowest total points wins (with a score of 0 points being the best possible score.)
  • [COLOR= #000000]In the event of a tie the contest winner will be the entrant who was the fewest spots away from picking the winner. If it's still a tie, then we'll move down the list and determine who was closest to predicting the second spot, and so on, until the tie is eventually broken.
    [/COLOR]
  • As in recent years a [COLOR= #0000ff]DVD prize package [/COLOR]will be offered to an eligible entrant. (Actual prize to be announced later in order to allow for recent product). Ineligible entrants include HTF and Huddler Staff members and their significant others. They are welcome to enter, but just for bragging rights.

[COLOR= #ff0000]Entries have closed. Thank you.[/COLOR]

Here are a couple of words of explanation regarding this particular contest and the rationale behind the setup.
  • Since there are, according to the early information, 13 entrants and you are picking a top ten there will be some contestants that you will not be picking. This will not change the scoring as indicated above. You choose only ten contestants and some might not even make it to the top ten (which adds a bit more of a challenge to the contest.)
  • Big Brother, as many of these reality shows, is known for its unpredictability so it is quite possible that an ousted house member might return. For example on American Idol 6 (and several times after that) two contestants were voted off the same night so instead of a "5th" and "6th" position we decided to assign two "5.5" positions for the purposes of scoring. That's why the rules clearly specify the "final" position of ouster for each contestant. It's not over until it's over, and who knows what twists this season will bring? And if there are unforeseen circumstances we will make a determination that will be fair to all entrants as much as possible. (Otherwise we will return your entry fee ;) ).
  • I realize that this is short notice regarding the start of Big Brother 11 (partially because of our introduction of HTF 2.0) but you still have time to make your selections. The format allows for a huge number of valid entrants (I hope it remains manageable) so you don't have to worry about getting your entry in quickly so that your favorable house member is at the top of your list. The only restriction is that no two lists submitted may be identical. In that case, the one with the earliest submission is accepted and the other submission must be revised by the deadline.
  • Because of the unusual twist of a "mystery house guest" it would seem logical to wait until July 7, 2009 or July 9, 2009 when the person will supposedly be announced (it's unsure which date applies here) before submitting your list. If you can't wait until then to enter feel free to use "Mystery Guest" as one of your selections if you want to choose that person and want to enter prior to July 7th or 9th. I'll fill in the actual name when it becomes known.
  • It so happens that I will be traveling the week of July 5th so my Internet access might be spotty at times. I intend to try to monitor things and place all entries in the usual Excel spreadsheet on schedule, but in the event that there are problems I'll sort everything out by the weekend. Remember, once you enter it's set in stone and [COLOR= #ff0000]all entries must be in by July 12, 2009 at 8:00pm EDT[/COLOR]. NOTE: ENTRIES NOW CLOSED.

There are probably other things that I haven't thought of but we can deal with them as the show progresses. The one thing that I ask of all entrants (other than making sure that their list is unique) is that you follow the following format when submitting your entry:

01. House guest
02. House guest
03. House guest
04. House guest
05. House guest
06. House guest
07. House guest
08. House guest
09. House guest
10. House guest

This will help me when I set up the spreadsheet to monitor the scoring.

And (if my information is accurate) it appears that no house guests share the same first name (unless there are some surprises during Week #1). Therefore I am asking that you please limit your lists to first names only as listed below. Here's an alphabetical listing of all house guests including the now announced "Mystery" guest:

Braden
Casey
Chima
Jeff
Jessie
Jordan
Kevin
Laura
Lydia
Michele
Natalie
Ronnie
Russell

Please submit your entries using the above terminology and not any nicknames that might surface during the show (especially if Howie ever shows up in the house again!)

So ladies and gents - start your engines (or fire up your DVRs). Watch the show, do your homework and get your entries in before the 07/12/09 deadline.

Good luck!

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
01. Ronnie
02. Natalie
03. Michele
04. Laura
05. Russell
06. Casey
07. Braden
08. Jeff
09. Jessie
10. Kevin

[COLOR= #339966]***ENTRY ACCEPTED AND RECORDED***[/COLOR]

Edited by RAF - 7/12/2009 at 11:25 pm GMT
Edited by RAF - 7/12/2009 at 11:42 pm GMT

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
1.Michele 2.Jordan3.Jeff4.Russell5.Laura6.Ronnie7.Casey8.Braden9.Jessie10.Lydia
[COLOR= #339966]***ENTRY ACCEPTED AND RECORDED***
[/COLOR]
Edited by Dheiner - 7/11/2009 at 05:42 pm GMT

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Not at all, Dheiner. Going to try to break your impressive record of [COLOR= #ff0000]9.0[/COLOR] points? (For the new folks here - referred to as the "[COLOR= #ff0000]Dheiner Niner[/COLOR]")

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
According to the executive producer, the mystery houseguest won't be revealed until the premiere...either way, this post can serve as my placeholder.

Edit:
1. Ronnie
2. Russell
3. Jordan
4. Braden
5. Jeff
6. Kevin
7. Natalie
8. Jessie
9. Lydia
10. Michele

[/COLOR]
I hope I'm wrong and Laura lasts longer...for obvious reasons.

Edited by AnthonyC - 7/10/2009 at 03:48 am GMT

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc
#01 being the winner....

01. Natalie
02. Michele
03. Casey
04. Ronnie
05. Lydia
06. Kevin
07. Jordan
08. Chima
09. Jessie
10. Russell

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Bob, I'd be very happy with triple that. The nine not only was incredibly lucky, but it was on Survivor, which I think is easier to figure. I always find this show almost impossible to figure.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Originally Posted by AnthonyC

According to the executive producer, the mystery house guest won't be revealed until the premiere...either way, this post can serve as my placeholder.
Thanks for that piece of information, Anthony. Based on that possibility (and influenced a bit by the fact that my Internet access may be spotty next week) I'm going to change the deadline for entries to [COLOR= #ff0000]Sunday, July 12, 2009 8:00pm EDT.[/COLOR] That way people will know who the "mystery guest" is and while have had a chance to see each house guest rather than just relying on written descriptions.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Jeff,

Since I have moved the deadline forward to [COLOR= #ff0000]Sunday July 12, 2009 at 8:00pm EDT[/COLOR] I'll give you the opportunity to withdraw your selections if you wish to wait until you see who the mystery guest is as well as seeing the other house guests "in action." It's up to you. If you want your list to stand for some other reason that's also fine by me.

Note to others: Please remember that once you post your list, you've got it (unless it conflicts with an earlier entry.)

The Management.
Originally Posted by JeffMc

#01 being the winner....

01. Natalie
02. Michele
03. Casey
04. Ronnie
05. Lydia
06. Kevin
07. Jordan
08. Chima
09. Mystery Guest
10. Russell

NYSandy

Grip
Real Name
Sandy
01. Natalie
02. Michele
03. Ronnie
04. Laura
05. Kevin
06. Jessie
07. Russell
08. Jeff
09. Braden
10. Casey

Edited by NYSandy - 7/11/2009 at 05:50 am GMT

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc
Originally Posted by RAF

Jeff,

Since I have moved the deadline forward to [COLOR= #ff0000]Sunday July 12, 2009 at 8:00pm EDT[/COLOR] I'll give you the opportunity to withdraw your selections if you wish to wait until you see who the mystery guest is as well as seeing the other house guests "in action." It's up to you. If you want your list to stand for some other reason that's also fine by me.

Note to others: Please remember that once you post your list, you've got it (unless it conflicts with an earlier entry.)

The Management.
Thanks RAF!

But to keep things less confusing and the rules clear for everyone, I'll lock in my original list now just as it is. Ya, after the first episode, it may be easier to guess who may go out in a certain order, but this show can be so unpredictable that I don't think it will make much of a difference. I do think that if the mystery guest is a former houseguest (which is most likely), that they will be voted out sooner more than later, though. Everything else is a guessing game. Good luck everyone!

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Originally Posted by JeffMc

Thanks RAF!

But to keep things less confusing and the rules clear for everyone, I'll lock in my original list now just as it is. Ya, after the first episode, it may be easier to guess who may go out in a certain order, but this show can be so unpredictable that I don't think it will make much of a difference. I do think that if the mystery guest is a former houseguest (which is most likely), that they will be voted out sooner more than later, though. Everything else is a guessing game. Good luck everyone!
No problem Jeff. Your reasoning is sound and your method is probably as good as anyone else's based on, as you noted, the uncertainty that this program is famous for. I'll consider your entry now "submitted."

Good Luck!

mike caronia

Second Unit
Placeholder.

Read on another board that there are actually 4 former HGs going into the house this week.
Each one will be put with a group of 3 HGs, called cliques (lame).
There will then be a HoH competition and the winner of the former HGs gets to stay and be HoH, the others are all gone.

Thanks for prolonging the date until Sunday, don't know what to make of this cast.
Not really liking anyone from the interviews I watched.

I'm shooting for high score here... ha

1) Michele
2) Russell
3) Casey
4) Laura
5) Kevin
6) Jessie
7) Chima
8) Ronnie
9) Jordan
10) Jeff

Lydia

Natalie
Braden

Edited by mike caronia - 7/12/2009 at 04:35 pm GMT

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Did you read which one (apparently) made it into the house?
Jessie, the bodybuilder from last season
Ugh.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
01. Michelle
02. Ronnie
03. Jeff
04. Jordan
05. Russell
06. Laura
07. Natalie
08. Casey
09. Kevin
10. Lydia

[/COLOR]

Edited by Patrick Sun - 7/12/2009 at 06:55 pm GMT

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Originally Posted by AnthonyC ">[/url]

Did you read which one (apparently) made it into the house?
Jessie, the bodybuilder from last season
Ugh.

[/QUOTE]You've [i]got[/i] to be merding me! Oh well, at least it will be entertaining if that's the case.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Originally Posted by mike caronia

Placeholder.

Read on another board that there are actually 4 former HGs going into the house this week.
Each one will be put with a group of 3 HGs, called cliques (lame).
There will then be a HoH competition and the winner of the former HGs gets to stay and be HoH, the others are all gone.

Thanks for prolonging the date until Sunday, don't know what to make of this cast.
Not really liking anyone from the interviews I watched.
If what you say is true Mike (and since I might have limited Internet access until Friday evening) then what I'll do is let people who want to choose the former House Guest who makes the cut as a top ten selection indicate "Mystery Guest" as that selection. Then they get whomever comes out of that scenario. I really don't want to go beyond the Sunday night (8:00pm EDT) deadline because too much is revealed after that point with all the different 24/7 monitoring options. Waiting to Sunday makes sense because it at least allows a bit of handicapping without giving a huge advantage to those who tune in 24/7. To recap: The deadline stays as [COLOR= #ff0000]Sunday, July 12, 2009 8:00pm EDT[/COLOR][COLOR= #000000]. If you believe that a former House Guest (or whomever) is going to be in the top ten then indicate your choice as "Mystery Guest." I'll fill in the actual name in the spreadsheet for scoring purposes once revealed.

[/COLOR]

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
1 Kevin
2 Lydia
3 Natalie
4 Ronnie
5 Jessie
6 Casey
7 Braden
8 Jeff
9 Laura
10 Michele

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
[COLOR= #ff0000]Entries have now closed.[/COLOR] I've updated the Excel Spreadsheet which you can link to from the first message in this thread to see all of the rosters. Because of the short amount of time available to promote this BB contest due to the roll out of HTF 2.0, we have a small but select group actively participating for the glory and the DVD prize package. I fully expect a much larger enrollment in the 2010 American Idol HTF Top 10 Challenge in January.

That said, remember that three of the entries (myself, NYSandy and Patrick Sun) are in it for bragging rights only as we are not eligible for the DVDs (staff members and/or significant others). Therefore the odds are pretty favorable for the five other entrants.

Look for further weekly updates here in the first message of this thread. Good luck to all and here's hoping that it's an entertaining season and contest!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks