What's new

Tapatio Rules! (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Never heard of it, but I assume it's similar to Cholula...Mmmm!

I like it on fried veal patties.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

I'm more of an El Yucateco man myself but I love Tapatio on plain rice -- it's not quite as hot. I also have a giant bottle of Cholula that I keep on the table.

I'm not a salsa snob but when you spend as much time eating at taquerias as I do you learn to appreciate the subtle nuances of the various brands. ;)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
You gotta love the Cholula's bottle cap.

Sriracha hot sauce is the best on pizza!

~T

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Thi, Sriracha is awesome on pizza. Cholula is good but so overpriced. Dennis, that jug got my mouth watering.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Cholula is made in a neighboring town of ours, Chapala. I’m not sure about Tapatío, but that is the name give to the inhabitants of Guadalajara, less than an hour away.

Good thing I love hot sauce of various kinds.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Lew, Tapatio is made now in a huge warehouse in Vernon, Ca. but started much more humbly in Los ANgeles. The Tapatio history on the site Dennis mentioned has been condensed some over the years. I remember reading that very early on Jose-Luis Saavedra Sr. sold it locally in L.A out of a cart. Now, it's available in many countries.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Damn! I had no idea other people out there used Tapatio too! Ive been using it for about...damn sometime early high school. I guess for six years now. That stuff is alright to me now but I was a bigger fan. I used it a lot in Top Ramen noodles. I had this one recipe I made: Chicken flavored noodles, Tapatio, some garlic powder, and a splash of Mongolian fire oil.

Good stuff.

Cholula?! OMFG!!! That shit Ive been using since I was a little kid! This is crazy I didnt know others were into these sauces too.

This has been my favorite hot sauce for about a year now. I love everything Habanero! My dad and I make Habanero based salsa every week. For my 21st birthday my mom bought me a metal bucket with about 6 bottles of this stuff along with some vidalia onion bbq sauce.

Pretty tasty stuff.

Great hot sauces, bbq, and everything spicy and tasty.

www.mohotta.com

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I used to have a client (in a wealthy area) that had some slogan about how "Hot" they were. They had TONS of Cholula bottle lined up as promo give-a-ways (with their 'Hot' slogan tagged to the bottle).

I always liked going to that client ;)

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I realize very few of you probably know of this stuff, it being a regional favorite and all, but I love hot sauces. I like Tapatio, Cholula and have tried many others. For the rest of my life, I am betrothed to this fabulous concoction:

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Well I'm getting so cheap now that Tapatio is starting to look expensive.

So I bought a bottle of Valentina today to try. A 12.5 oz bottle is only $0.97 at Winco. Time will tell.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For your homemade pizzas?

That'd be good. My son is getting into some hot sauces now. I'll have to try and expand his horizons a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks