This past week Epson introduced the Pro Cinema 4050 4K PRO-UHD Projector with HDR, a new 4K beamer with ‘high brightness, extensive color and incredible detail.’ The projector uses Epson’s latest proprietary 4K PRO-UHD technology, which promises to be an improved version of the company’s pixel-shifting feature seen on earlier models, and includes resolution-enhancement technology, along with an ‘expansive’ color gamut, high dynamic range and 100 percent balanced color brightness.
“With expansive brightness, brilliant, color-rich imagery, and state-of-the art pixel shift technology, the new Pro Cinema 4050 4K PRO-UHD allows viewers to enjoy remarkable 4K UHD content that is nothing short of amazing” said Rodrigo Catalan, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America. “The Pro Cinema 4050 offers an immersive viewing experience of movies the way they were meant to be seen – on the big screen with bright, full colored imagery and stunning resolution. With Epson’s proprietary 3LCD chip technology, unlike many competitive models, it has no rainbow effect.”
The company says this is the first projector with Epson’s new ‘4K PRO-UHD’ technology, which features an advanced, high performance optical engine that generates high color brightness and white brightness, color accuracy, and contrast, care of HDR10.
Epson claims the new PJ is rated at 2,400 lumens and boasts a contrast ratio up to 200,000:1. Color gamut is DCI-P3 and Epson’s 15-element glass projection lens should display a bright, uniform image with ‘virtually no hot spots or chromatic aberration.’ Lens shift range allows for a ± 96 percent on the horizontal axis and ± 47 percent vertical, includes a 12-bit digital processing chip with Frame Interpolation and Advanced Motion Control for smooth transitions.
Features (as listed by Epson)
· HDR High Dynamic Range and Rich Black Contrast — full 10-bit color output2 and a contrast ratio up to 200,000:1 deliver an extraordinary range of color and detail in both bright and dark scenes
· Advanced 3-Chip, 3LCD Technology — sophisticated parallel pixel processing and a state-of-the-art 3-chip architecture deliver amazing color accuracy, color brightness and color gamut
· Epson’s Advanced Projection Lens — state-of-the-art 15-element glass projection lens displays a bright, uniform image with virtually no hot spots or chromatic aberration
· L*a*b* Ultra Wide Color Gamut — delivers 100% of the 3-dimensional DCI-P3 color gamut4, the digital cinema standard, with 50% wider color gamut than Rec. 709
· 3-Axis Precision Motor — for powered focus, 2.1x zoom, up to ± 96% horizontal and up to ± 47% vertical lens shift, and 10 preset positions
· Delta Level Color Accuracy — low Delta E, for extremely accurate color reproduction
· 100% Balanced Color and White Brightness — 2,400 lumens of color and 2,400 lumens of white brightness3 for vibrant, rich color
· Smooth, Crisp Images and Transitions — 12-bit digital color processing chip with Frame Interpolation and proprietary Advanced Motion Control
· No Color Wheel — images are free from any distracting rainbow effect; balanced color and white brightness means no white segments
· Pro Cinema Kit – Features a three-year limited warranty (90 days on lamps), a ceiling mount, cable cover, and extra lamp for added installation flexibility.
The Pro Cinema 4050 4K PRO-UHD Projector with HDR is available for $2,399 MSRP through CEDIA dealers and Magnolia. The Pro Cinema 4050 features a three-year limited warranty (90 days on lamps), toll-free access to Epson’s PrivateLine priority technical support, and free two-business-day exchange with Extra CareSM Home Service.