Epson, has introduced the Home Cinema 4010 4K PRO-UHD Projector with HDR for less than $2,000 MSRP. The 4010 is the second projector to leverage Epson’s new, proprietary 4K PRO-UHD technology, an improved version of Epson’s advanced pixel-shifting, resolution-enhancement. The unit features a DCI-P3 color gamut, high dynamic range and ‘100 percent balanced’ color brightness. 1080P 3D content is supported, as well as automated lens memory to enable CIH (constant image height) presentations for Cinemascope or 2.39:1 content, a rare feature in projectors at this price point.
“Epson’s new Home Cinema 4010 4K PRO-UHD projector represents a new type of 4K experience for home theater projection,” said Rodrigo Catalan, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America. “Utilizing proprietary resolution-enhancement technology, along with advanced forms of HDR and image processing, the Home Cinema 4010 produces incredible brightness, color accuracy, and image detail for the ultimate 4K experience.”
The Epson Home Cinema 4010 is powered by Epson’s new 4K PRO-UHD technology, a high performance optical engine that will generate high color brightness and white brightness, color accuracy and contrast with HDR10. The unit peaks at 2,400 lumens of equal color and white brightness, a claimed contrast ratio up to 200,000:1, a color gamut displaying the entire DCI-P3 color space, as well as Epson’s 15-element glass projection lens.
The 4010 features a 12-bit digital processing chip with frame interpolation and proprietary Advanced Motion Control for ‘smooth and crisp’ transitions between scenes. A generous lens shift range of ± 96 percent on the horizontal axis and ± 47 percent on the vertical axis should allow for placement flexibility, and for which Epson has become known.
Key specifications are listed here, and as presented by Epson:
· Epson 4K PRO-UHD technology – Utilizes dedicated hardware processing to precisely control three-individual 1920 x 1080 LCD panels that accepts a maximum input resolution of 4096 x 2160.1 This advanced form of pixel-shifting technology produces an exceptional 4K experience, including color, brightness and resolution, that is similar to, competing home theater models claiming native 4K performance
· HDR102 High Dynamic Range and Rich Black Contrast — full 10-bit color output and a contrast ratio up to 200,000:1 deliver an extraordinary range of color and detail in both bright and dark scenes
· Advanced 3-Chip, 3LCD Technology — sophisticated parallel pixel processing and a state-of-the-art 3-chip architecture deliver amazing color accuracy, color brightness and color gamut
· Epson’s Advanced Projection Lens — state-of-the-art 15-element glass projection lens displays a bright, uniform image with virtually no hot spots or chromatic aberration
· L*a*b* Ultra Wide Color Gamut — delivers 100% of the 3-dimensional DCI-P3 color gamut, the digital cinema standard, with 50% wider color gamut than Rec. 709
· 3-Axis Precision Motor — for powered focus, 2.1x zoom, up to ± 96% horizontal and up to ± 47% vertical lens shift, and 10 preset positions
· Professional Level Color Accuracy — low Delta E, for extremely accurate color reproduction
· 100% Balanced Color and White Brightness — 2,400 lumens of color and 2,400 lumens of white brightness4 for vibrant, rich color
· Smooth, Crisp Images and Transitions — 12-bit digital color processing chip with Frame Interpolation and proprietary Advanced Motion Control
· No Color Wheel — images are free from any distracting rainbow effect; balanced color and white brightness means no white segments
The Home Cinema 4010 4K PRO-UHD Projector with HDR is available for $1,999.99 MSRP from a number of retailers, e-tailers and the Epson online store. The projector will include a two-year limited warranty, toll-free access to Epson’s priority technical support line, and free next-day exchange.