What's new

Zune WMA Lossless Files- Can They Be Converted To iPod? (1 Viewer)

James Edward

Supporting Actor
I have had it with my Zune. The latest firmware 'upgrade' has led to a total F#$&*#@ of the files on my computer. Other ones have caused me to have to reload my Zune in it's entirety- an 11 hour process.

It also lacks any audiophile accessories/mods that are available for Apple products.

So... If files are on my PC as WMA Lossless, along with whatever format the songs I have purchased are, can these be easily transferred to an iTunes compatible format?

PS- If anyone knows how to fix my Zune files, that would also be a great help...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
If you Google "WMA to MP3 Converter", you will find several programs that allow you to convert your WMA lossless files to MP3, WAV or other formats.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
As an owner of a Zune and and iPod, I do believe on iTunes there is an option to convert Windows Media Files to mp3's. I do not know for sure if they will work if they are copy protected. I know I bought a few songs on iTunes and if they are locked they couldn't be transferred to the Zune. It may be the same for the iPod. (Btw, I also hated the "upgrade" and hope the next one will actually be an upgrade and fix the problems. I'm also hoping for a patch to just use Windows Media Player instead, but I'm not holding my breath).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks