What's new

ZULU - I saw an original 35mm Technicolor print last week, and... (1 Viewer)

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Chuck Pennington said:
You think the TT has crushed dynamic range? I see the opposite - the UK is boosted beyond reason.
Yes, the UK version clearly has boosted contrast but that does not mean that the whites in the TT version are correct. They are too dark because the whitest white is much darker here than it would have to be - if you measured a 100 IRE white window and compared it to the brightest white in the TT version of Zulu then I am sure it would be much brighter than what we see in the TT.

Another interesting test would be to increase contrast on a display until just before some of the whites clip in the TT version - I suspect that if you put up a range with 80 to 100IRE bars that most if no all of it would already be one solid white area before some of the whites on the TT clip. The other way around it also means that contrast in ones display can probably safely be turned up a few notches before any clipping occurs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks