What's new

Zulu Dawn in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
It was announced back in Feb, that Severin was working on an OAR bluray version of Zulu Dawn and was working from an original negative. http://dailygrindhouse.com/thewire/zulu-dawn-ashanti-coming-to-blu-ray-from-severin-films/
They were reporting a release date, "sometime this summer". Well Summer's over and nothing. Does anyone have any info on this title? If it is still being worked on, or possibly has been abandonded. Cannot find any further info on it.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
It's available on Netflix streaming in HD now, so clearly the transfer's done.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
It seems Severin has signed up with a new distributor, so it's taking some time for them to get back on the ball.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Now available for pre-order at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Zulu-Dawn-Blu-ray/ref=%26%2574%2561g%3d%2562l%2575r%2561y%252d011%252d20?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-011-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00A29HFMU&ASIN=B00A29HFMU&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Worth said:
It's available on Netflix streaming in HD now, so clearly the transfer's done.
Thanks for that info. it's in my queue now. Looks great from what I've seen.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I'm getting this Bluray regardless, but I've seen other posters here criticize the quality of the the screen caps from DVD Beaver. So the jury may still be out regarding quality. As always, your results may vary.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Richard V said:
I'm getting this Bluray regardless, but I've seen other posters here criticize the quality of the the screen caps from DVD Beaver. So the jury may still be out regarding quality. As always, your results may vary.
I wasn't looking at the caps, for I too do not trust any screen caps on any site, but the reviewer's comments on the transfer. I felt he was trying to say he liked it at the sametime saying he didn't like it. The transfer that is. I too will more than likely get this title but going to wait for further reviews.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
ahollis said:
I wasn't looking at the caps, for I too do not trust any screen caps on any site, but the reviewer's comments on the transfer. I felt he was trying to say he liked it at the sametime saying he didn't like it. The transfer that is. I too will more than likely get this title but going to wait for further reviews.
The Beaver is not a reviewer - he's a guy with a website who knows absolutely nothing about film, color, film stock, opticals, or anything else. He criticizes any disc that's a BD 25 as "modest" - sorry, if there are little to no extras and your film is two hours or thereabouts there is absolutely no benefit to going to a BD 50 and I have been told that definitively by the best authoring house around. He tosses around all the catchphrases - "blocky" "robust" "print" without having a clue as to what any of it means.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
haineshisway said:
The Beaver is not a reviewer - he's a guy with a website who knows absolutely nothing about film, color, film stock, opticals, or anything else. He criticizes any disc a a BD 25 as "modest" - sorry, if there are little to no extras and your film is two hours or thereabouts there is absolutely no benefit to going to a BD 50 and I have been told that definitively by the best authoring house around. He tosses around all the catchphrases - "blocky" "robust" "print" without having a clue as to what any of it means.
And you are correct. I will await real reviews of the film before making a decision. I certainly respect each reviewer here at HTF and they have never steered me wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks