Zu Warriors, The Accidental Spy and Blade 2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BooneG, May 20, 2002.

1. BooneG

BooneG Stunt Coordinator

According to Dark Horizons Zu Warriors (aka Legend of Zu) and The Accidental Spy are Not being released in the theaters but rather are going straight to video. Also Blade 2 is targeted for a Sep 10th release date. The Accidental Spy will be released on Aug 13th.

This sucks. I wanted to see both movies on the big screen. Just put another bad mark on the belt on the fat b**ch known as Disney.

2. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    I want to see Zu, but don't see it theater worthy. If it is going straight to DVD, all the better.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

3. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Ron, do yourself a favour and ignore the upcoming Miramax DVD. Get the real film from Hong Kong - the US release has 24 minutes cut out it, allegedly terrible voice work & complete changes to the narritive structure of the film according to the test screening reports.

4. Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown Supporting Actor

Here is a good review of the test screening for ZU.
    http://pub65.ezboard.com/fmightypeki...ID=485.t opic
    Needless to say, also avoid the Miramax version of SHAOLIN SOCCER. The beginning is cut which changes the whole chracter arc for the coach. It also dubbed in English.
    For more info on what Disney does to Asian movies, just go here http://www.hkfilm.net/disney/index.html .
    I hope that every web site that gets a screener refuses to view it because it is cut and dubbed. What is worse, is that many reviewers won't even know that these are altered.
    Matt