Zu Pil cables?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Zubb, Oct 18, 2002.

1. James Zubb

James Zubb Stunt Coordinator

On my search for cheap interconnects I came across Zu Pil cables at $20/1m. http://www.zucable.com/cable/pil.html I have seen good reviews of their higher end stuff but nothing on the Pil. Any thoughts?
    I cannot afford to spend more than ~$100 on all 3 interconnects for my DVD-A player, so no suggestions of pricier gear please. I have it hooked up right now with the included RCA cables from my VCR and DVD. [​IMG]

2. Brian OK

Brian OK Supporting Actor

Isn't their Disco interconnect on sale this month ?

I think it is $39. per pair for the Disco. I would go that route for a few dollars more. I have never heard any feedback on the Pil. Whereas, the Disco was given a nod as a very good budget cable.

My .02

Good Luck,

BOK

3. James Zubb

James Zubb Stunt Coordinator

I didn't even notice the disco's were on sale, still a bit more than I want to spend. The Pil's are half the price so I am still very interested in any word on those. I might just try a pair of each and return one or both, they seem to have a decent return policy.

4. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    I also would advise you look at the low end of the Audioquest line. It's in your price range and the sonics are superb for the money.
    [​IMG]