What's new

Zoom..... YES!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

LoriB

Grip
Oh My Gosh-I am soooooo excited about the news that this is being released on DVD_-I have the VHS release from years ago--but I think that was only an hour or so--the DVD is supposed to be about 2 hrs--I really cannot wait--I absolutely LOVED this show as a kid and still have my Zoom catalog as well as the "Zoom- DO`s" i used to get in the mail--it was a GREAT show!!!!

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
This is very weird.

Last night, I wrote up a "Forgotten TV" entry on my site about ZOOM, to post in the near future. I ended the story talking about how the Best of the 70's is on VHS (and the VHS is still available), hoping that it would get a DVD release.

This afternoon, I open up my reader, and there is the news on TV Shows On DVD!!!!!

Even if it is just the VHS ported over to DVD, it would still be worth it. There was a lot of great stuff on that, especially the different opening credits.

I guess hoping for more musical numbers would be too much.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I probably won't buy this but will certainly netflix it.

this will be fun to see again.
I'm guessing this is the old zoom not the new one.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Write ZOOM
Z double O M
Box 354, Boston Mass
0 - 2 - 1 - 3 - 4
Send it to ZOOM!

Is this the show you're talking about? Talk about programming a kid's mind.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Disc one is only 45 minutes or so. It is the old VHS release from the 90's.

Disc two is four 28 minute episodes.

And yes Jeff, you have the right zip code.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Finally found this and watched it- great stuff but this has got to be the worst excuse yet for a 2-disc set that I've seen (and I've seen a lot of them!) Not only are both discs single side and single layer, but disc 1 has less than 2GB of content total on it, including the DVD-ROM material! As it is, it could fit on a 2-sided disc instead, and they could have easily fit all of it on one dual-layer disc. I'm guessing they made it 2 discs so they could set a higher list price on it.

And really, how hard is it to make chapter stops??? All the stuff I've transferred from old tapes onto DVD has chapters for EVERYTHING- if I do an old TV broadcast I'll put chapters not only for each significant part of the show but for EVERY single commercial as well- many I've done have gone up to the maximum 99 chapters. The DVDs of my other PBS faves Sesame Street and The Electric Company are also guilty- Electric Company has no chapters for any of the shows, and Sesame Street has them only on segments they thought were important enough. (BTW why didn't we get another Old School volume this year?)

Oh well, I still hope they put out more of ZOOM and I'll buy it even if it's as half-assed as this one was. Just another sad reminder that not even PBS isn't what it used to be.

PattyFraser

Second Unit
Yes, the show's promo (Zoom--Z double- o- m) has stayed in my mind from when my kids used to watch it. I'm over 55.

It WAS very catchy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks