What's new

Zoom on FP (1 Viewer)

Eric Hardman

Auditioning
I am a newbie who just purchased a Infocus X1. I have a question regarding the zoom feature. I know on digital cameras, the digital zoom feature tends to mess up the clarity of the picture.

I am wondering if the zoom feature on the X1 will also distort the picture or is it not a digital zoom and therefore have no impact.

I am planning on ceiling mounting the FP today and need to know if mounting location should be where no-zoom makes desired image size or if zoom+normal equals desired image size. I assume the longer distance(meaning no zoom) will make the picture tend to be more washed out

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
If you zoom by turning the ring, then the picture should be fine; I've read it should be in the middle for best quality. If there is an option in the menu for a zoom, which will be done digitally, then that will worsen the picture quality.

~T

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
If you are trying to determine a mounting location then it is better to mount the projector further away from the screen and zoom in rather than closer to the screen and zoom out but not for the reasons you might think. If the projector is closer to the screen then you have increased chances of experiencing a "hot spot" in the middle of the screen and darkness towards the edges of the screen. A placement further back will help give you a more even brightness across the entire screen.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
As Neil has indicated...

and has Thi has mentioned...

the image is always degraded when electronically manipulated for sizing / zooming / key stone correction etc.

Regards

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks