What's new

Zoolander R1 & Legend R2 DVD (1 Viewer)

luke cav

Stunt Coordinator
Managed to pick up A.I, The One, Zoolander (R1) and Legend (R2). I have only managed to look at the extras so far, you get the original VH-1 sketches from 1996 & 97, Outtakes about 6mins, altenative ending, deleted and extending scenes. The deleted scenes are worth watching for the Moby interview at the VH-1 awards & David Duchovny swearing like a trooper. All of the menus have Ben stiller as Derek Zoolander giving some inspired words of wisdom about DVD or diivedd as he calls it. You also get a commentary by Ben Stiller and two of the writers. Worth picking this up.
Also managed to watch Legend R2 release. The R2 version is film only restored version, music by Jerry Goldsmith and has a trailer for the film. The picture quality is very good and the sound only in Dolby Surround is still very good, expecially any parts of the film with Tim Curry as Darkness in them. The film is in Widescreen 2:35.1,Anamorphic.
The dvd is cheap price wise and fills the gap to the special edition R1 comes out in May. Anyone the the UK can pick up legend quite cheap at the moment. It is around in some stores already is meant to be releaased on March 4th for £15.99-£12.50.
more info about Legend R2 is here:-
http://dvdworld.co.uk/product_body.asp?pf%5Fid=66517

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Those R1 specs are outdated according to the last weekly Legend thread. More as been added, details coming soon. Is the R2 anamorphic?

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone ordered the Japanese R2 'Legend' ? It's pricier than the UK disc, but I'll probably pick it up anyways since it's NTSC. It says it comes with a 'bonus track', which I assume to be the same trailer as on the UK disc. The Japanese release is also anamorphic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks