Zombies Invade Manhattan for LAND OF THE DEAD!!!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by William DAnnucci, Jun 11, 2005.

1. William DAnnucci

William DAnnucci Stunt Coordinator

Calling all horror fans, zombie fans, and make-up/costume people… George A Romero's LAND OF THE DEAD is opening on June 24th, in just 2 weeks!!! And we need you! Your mission is to become a part of a groaning mob of the living dead. This is not a marketing promotion, just some fans who want to have fun.

LAND OF THE DEAD is the fourth of Romero’s zombie epics, after NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1968) http://imdb.com/title/tt0063350 ,
    DAWN OF THE DEAD (1978) http://imdb.com/title/tt0077402 ,
    and DAY OF THE DEAD (1985) http://imdb.com/title/tt0088993 ,
    which depict an America where the dead rise and slowly shuffle along while hungering for living humans. Romero’s trilogy has been acclaimed worldwide for combining shrewd social satire of America with outrageously imaginative scenes of horror and extreme gore. But, you already knew that, right?

It’s been 20 years since Romero’s last Dead film…so why not see the new one in style? Let’s get into zombie make-up and costumes on June 24th and storm the biggest LAND OF THE DEAD theater in Manhattan! We could throw a party beforehand to get into make-up and costume while screening the original Dead trilogy, with everyone chipping in with old clothes to get messed up. Get creative with your zombie! We need police zombies, nurse zombies, scary zombies, pimp zombies, hooker zombies, junkie zombies, clown zombies, gory zombies, Amish zombies, politician zombies, and any sort of zombie that met its end in life in some bizarre or ridiculous way. Maybe your zombie placed first in the Darwin Awards just before croaking. Maybe your zombie loved its cellphone or iPod or whatever so much in life that it can't let go of it in death.

On June 24th, let the streets of Manhattan be teaming with the living dead! Get back to me by email with your availability for that weekend.

-Bill
    [email protected]

(Feel free to forward this to any NYC people whom you think would be into this kind of insanity)

2. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

Do you think anyone will notice the difference?[​IMG]

3. William DAnnucci

Just wanted to let interested NYC people that... The Million Zombie March is on! I have many people writing and calling me that they will meet up in full zombie make-up and costume at the south side of Union Sq Park at 9:00-9:30 Friday night. We'll then head over to the Union Sq 13th and Broadway theater to eventually take over as much of the 10:20 show as we can.

Anyone wanna join? Just show up! And if anyone wants to get together beforehand for a make-up party, my pad is a zombie shuffle away from Union Sq in Chelsea and I can entertain a small group from 6-8:30 while we "get in character" while cranking up Romero's DAWN OF THE DEAD in DTS.

Get in touch if you are down for this madness. I saw the film Tuesday night and it is a wildly entertaining, scary, gory ride, with all the great characters, concepts, and sly wit that make a Romero zombie film special. I can't wait to see it again.

-Zombie Bill

"Arrrrrrrrrrghhh!!!"
    -Big Daddy

4. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Kevin,

[​IMG]

Sounds cool, though, i'd join in if I weren't completely scared to death of New York. [​IMG]

5. William DAnnucci

Hey boys, ghouls, freaks, creeps, and all you stinkin' zombies... you can find the pics from Zombie Night in the Photos section of this Yahoo group. You have to join the group first, but it's free.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/millionzombiemarch/

6. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Probably not. Zombies are like tourists: They move slowly, stare vacantly and generally get in your way. [​IMG]

M.