Zipper effect/shaking picture

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by sang, Aug 6, 2002.

1. sang

sang Auditioning

Images on my TV appear to be slightly shaking from side to side and if I look at the edges of objects, there appears to be a moving "zipper" running up the side. This is most noticeable with a still image such as a DVD menu with text i.e. the text appears to be moving slightly from side to side and looks like there is a zipper running up the letter. I don't know if the problem has always been there because it's not that noticeable while watching regular programming; I happened to notice it after I got the DVD player and was looking at the menus. Does this appear to be a problem with the TV or does it seem like interference/noise being picked up the connections?

Thanks for any help.

2. RichN

RichN Stunt Coordinator

If you never noticed it before and now you do, it obviously has gotten a lot worse, or just started. I would check the connections from DVD to TV/receiver again and try a different type of input (coax instead of optical etc.). It sounds to me more like interference coming from somewhere. Have you moved your speakers recently? Installed a subwoofer? If you disconnect the DVD does it go back to "not that noticable"? Are you going from DVD to TV or through your receiver? If receiver, try a different input (Video3 instead of DVD).
    Hope these suggestions help,
    RichN