What's new

Zeppelin Returns (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Latest ICE Magazine (really good CD/DVD-A/SACD mag if you don't know. They used to be more for the "commercial" market, but lately they have been trying to get more mainstream penetration.)

They say that Zeppelin will reunite next summer for a tour. And that Jimmy Page is currently working on either a 2-disc DVD set of live stuff, or 2 separate DVDs. They also said that CDs are coming too. They were supposed to have some of it out by Christmas, but Page being the perfectionist that he is, is running late.

One comment they made was, it was unusual for the band to *not* record their live gigs...

Robert Plant himself was one of the sources.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
I'm very excited about all of the buzz regarding a forthcoming DVD release of Zeppelin shows. I've been hoping for it for a long time.

I'm a little skeptical about the NEW tour bits though. I'll wager that the news wires are getting crossed.

C

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
There was an BB ad in Sundays paper about a 2 disc set coming Tues. I added it to my x-mass list!

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
Page is working on the concert DVD's from 1970-1974:emoji_thumbsup: They are running late, the last I heard was a March-April street date. Everyone from Plant to their management has denied the tour rumour. This rumour started in the infamous "Sun" tabloid in England so I wouldn't hold your breath:thumbsdown:

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Well, whatever they do next summer, I hope they invite John Paul Jones along...

I had tickets for the 10th row, at the Pittburgh Civic Arena on the tour that they cancelled when Robert's son Karac died. No more tours after that.

Have seen the Firm twice, Robert Plant twice, and Page/Plant a few years ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks