Zenith Tv Junps when son plays games

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Bagley, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Mike Bagley

Mike Bagley Auditioning

My wife and I purchased a new TV for our bedroom and gave my 8 yr old son our old 27 inch Zenith to use in his room instead of playing games in the living room. The tv still works fine but when we hook up his playstation and he plays a game the picture jumps. We unhooked the playstation and hooked up the nintendo 64 and it worked fine. Back to the playstation and back to jumping again during game play.
    Any ideas whats up with the TV? We tried the playstation on other tvs and its fine. How can we get it to work on his tv?

Thanks

2. Rob TT

Rob TT Stunt Coordinator

Mike,
    I have the same problem with my 27" Zenith. When I have the Gamecube hooked up, and there is a lot of action going on, the picture flips out for a second. I wasn't sure if it was the Gamecube or the TV, but it sounds like the TV
    I purchased it about 2 years ago.

3. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

Guess what. Playstation isn't supported on older zenith TVs. And by OLD I don't mean black and white!

My parents TV downstairs is a zenith 27", and the psx jumps up and down all over. Call up Sony tech, then they say "oh yeah, uh, we don't support that TV model."

Sorry, but you'll probably have to sell that set for $50 at at a garage sale and buy him some 20" model that won't do that.
    -ELmO

4. Brian Mansure

Brian Mansure Second Unit

I don't know about Sony "supporting" older Zenith TVs or not but I have played both PSX and PS2 on a 5 year old 27' Zenith set and haven't experienced any problems.

However it could be the A/V jacks themselves or possibly the A/V cables from the game console to the TV.

Do you have the Playstation directly hooked up to the TV or to a VCR and then to the TV?

I've always hooked up my playstation through the VCR and then to the TV. That is ofcourse till I bought an A/V reciever and now each compnent has a seperate connection through a Denon 1801 which works great.

Good Luck,
    Brian

5. Rob TT

Rob TT Stunt Coordinator

I don't think I will be selling my TV for $50 any time soon, it only does it a little bit when there is a lot of stuff going on. Mostly on Rogue Leader. I tried buying the S-video cable, but that didn't solve the problem.

6. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

I'm not trying to be mean, but it's the truth. 5 years isn't excatly an old zenith TV. I'm talking about 10 years+. PSX isn't supported on them. call up sony and tell them that you have a zenith TV and PSX is jumping up and down, watch what they say.

It's not the av jacks, sadly. It's the Sony PSX.

-ELmO

7. Don

Don Second Unit

i have a old zenith tv from 1985 i had PS2 hooked up to it and never had troubles until i bought a new RCA for PS2

8. chenster

chenster Guest

I have that same problem with our old zenith tv as will with my ps2 when I play ps1 games. The picture jumps around.

9. Ben_Hud

Ben_Hud Stunt Coordinator

I had this sort of problem with my 27th zenith, and my PS1. It was several years ago, but when i called them they told me to send my PS1 in and they installed a chip into the PS1 and it fixed the problem then they sent it back to me with a free game for my troubles.

Ben Hudson