What's new

Zenith Tv.....Dont really know what I need, but I need help! (1 Viewer)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I have a Zenith 27" Tv (if needed I can find the model, but its like 2months old). It has 2 S Video's. I have one for my PS2, and one for my Directv Receiver.

Anyways, while I play on my PS2 My image is to big. (Example....Playing most fighting games I am missing about an inch off the top and bottom, so I can barely see the health bar)

When I watch DirecTV lets say I press INFO and you know how the time is displayed, on top well its excactly cut in half, so again I seem to be missing about an inch off the top and bottom.

Any way to correct this :D :D

Thanks alot guys!

TroyRD

Grip
I would guess its an overscan problem which could be corrected by adjusting vertical size in the service menu.

edit: This is assuming you have been through the user menu, and there is no type of zoom enabled or other picture size corrections that can be adjusted there. Also, make sure Dtv receiver and PS2 are set to match your tv (4:3).

One other thing you may want to look at is some sort of calibration image, VE or Avia. If you don't have either of those, try a dvd with the THX optimizer, at least the blue rectangle should give you some idea how far off the set is.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I have my Directv and PS2 set to 4;3 (which it is).

It appears to me to be overscaned with no fixable way to stop it through the Directv PS2 and TV!

Is this enough to warrant a refund? Is there a hidden menu I may not know about??

oh the model of the Zenith is C27A25 Click here for zeniths page....... http://www.zenith.com/index.asp?url=...asp%3Fcat%3D47

Any ideas??

TroyRD

Grip
It should be a good enough reason for an exchange if possible. And should be covered under warranty, if not. However, if you want to try and fix it yourself......

Yes there should be a "hidden" menu. Before you access it, I want to warn you, do NOT change any values of anything you don't understand what it is or does. You can PERMANENTLY DAMAGE YOUR TV. Also, write down the original values of anything you change before changing it!!!!!

If you still want to proceed(at your own risk), here ya go.

1. Press and hold the menu button until
the menu comes up on screen and then
times out (5 - 10 seconds)
2. Immediately press 9, 8, 7, 6, Enter.
3. The set should now be in the service menu
mode. To access most of the features
selection 00 needs to be toggled from 0 to 1
4. After your adjustments 00 needs to be
toggled from 1 to 0

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I got to the service menu.........

what do you mean in your # 3 and 4?

I scrolled among the options I see a
H----(some number I forgot)
and a
V----(some number I forgot to)
Im assuming thats my Vertical and Horizontal stretch.......
so I should just play with those two setting probally huh?

Thanks so much TROY!

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
And also should I probally use my THX optimizer (dont have AVIA) to properly converge (whatever) it.

Right! (ooo i think i may be getting the hang of it...lol)

TroyRD

Grip
How did it go Dave??

I am not familiar with the Zenith specificly, I just pasted those instructions from elswhere. I assumed the 3 and 4 instructions would unlock additional adjustments. Those instructions may have been for a different model of Zenith, if you can find and adjust what you need, disregard them.

What you should be looking for is something like VSIZ and VPOS (vertical size and position) Keep in mind, you want a little overscan, most calibrators set it from 3-5% otherwise you will get artifacts around the edges.

I am no expert, I just know enough to be dangerous! :D

It would be nice if someone with some experience with Zeniths would step in here and help.

I gave you the key to the door, its up to you to go inside and look around!

Good luck!

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Yeah i tweeked the H and V Positions but it did nothing to the actual picture. Maybe theres a way you need to save it.
not really sure.
Thanks for the help though.
Maybee ill try zenith. ill keep you posted (to anyone who cares..lol)

Dan B

Screenwriter
Dave, if you go to http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/index.htm you can find some Zenith tips. I had a Zenith 27 with lots of overscan & I was able to adjust it. Just be sure to write down your settings first, don't touch anything if you don't know exactly what it will do, & don't adjust anything in large amounts at a time.

-Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks