Zenith Pro 895X CRT

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BartKennedy, Mar 14, 2002.

1. BartKennedy

BartKennedy Auditioning

I understand Zenith is discontinuing this projector but there some great prices out there. If your familiar with this product can you tell me if Im getting quality? Should I be concerned with the product being discontiued?

2. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

The Zenith Pro895X is the same as the Pro900X but in a black case. A friend of mine snapped one up to replace his aging Pro851X and it looks great on his 96" wide 4:3 screen, coupled with a Videon Omega One doubler.

At the price it's a steal; if you're looking for a CRT FP I wouldn't hesitate, as you're getting a brand new unit with a factory warranty.

It has 7" CRTs and has RGB inputs which will accept 480p, 540p, 600p, 720p, and 1080i, and probably most anything in between (the sweet spot is apparently 800x600 or 600p). It looks fine in 480p as well, so you can couple it with a IScan Pro, Videon Omega One or a HTPC with great results. It offers both 4:3 and 16:9 modes, so you can squeeze the raster for watching anamorphic DVDs, or use it with a 16:9 screen.

KJP

3. BartKennedy

BartKennedy Auditioning

Hello Kevin P.

Thanks for the help. Do you know where your friend got his Pro 895X and what appox. should I pay for one? I saw an inet price at $3,900. Another guy told me I might be able to get it lower thru a Zenith dealer since this is a discontinue fp. Any additionsl info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bart

4. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

My friend got his at Cinemasource - http://www.hometheatervillage.com - the customer service was excellent, I'd check out their site and give them a call if you're interested. I don't know if they still have any 895Xs though.
    KJP