Zenith Home Theater System (DVT412)

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by luna.s, Mar 10, 2005.

1. luna.s

luna.s Auditioning

I am very new to the home theater world. I got an LCD projector and looking to set up a home theater to watch DVD/Movies. I have a very limited budget (around $250) for this set up. What do you guys think of the Zenith Home Theater System (DVT412). Specs
    5.1-channel surround sound
    • 200 watts peak power
    • Single-disc DVD player • Dolby® Digital/DTS®
    • Dolby® Pro Logic II
    • Progressive-scan

Reviews on Circuitcity are decent ( sorry I can't link). I have a medium size living room and I will mainly use this to watch DVD/Movies a couple of times a week. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

2. John S

John S Producer

Not sure of your budget. But at least look at the Onkyo 770 system before buying the Zenith. You would only have to add a DVD player on top of the system. But DVD Players these days are pretty inexpensive.

3. luna.s

luna.s Auditioning

Thank you. Anyone else has any other suggestions? Thanks

4. John S

John S Producer

I know you didn't get many responses. That is sort of because at that price point nothing can really touch the performance of these setups.

The 770 is just under $500 most places.

CC has the Onkyo 760 system on close out for $380 or so.
    http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Onkyo...oductDetail.do

The subwoofer in the 770 system is enough to warrant the extra $100, but the 760 system is also a real over achiever performance wise.

Anything less than something like this is going to sort of cheat your Multi-Channel surround experience. In my opinion anyways.