What's new

Zenith Hdtv. (1 Viewer)

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
About a year ago I bougth a rptv and about a month later, I moved to a new house. Immediately I began building a dedicated theater in the basement. Fearing that the rptv would be to big to get down the stairs, I sent the rptv back and got one a little smaller. Turns out that they gave me a zenith IQC50H95W 50 inch HDTV by accident. I never told them of their mistake and kept the tv at the non-hdtv price. The tv has been pretty good, but I have a couple of problems, That I need help with. Right after I got the television, I bougth a progressive scan dvd player. immediately I noticed that on scenes where there may be some flasing light, the screen blinks out. for example, the thx lightening trailer right before star wars episode one, for if there is a movie with a lot of explosions. It happens almost every other minute when I am watching toy story I and II. After I noticed this I took the dvd player back and bought the panasonic rp-56 progressive can model, and the problem continued. I had the set repaired and it worked ok for a while but I noticed the picture was very dark. even with the black level all the way up I cannot see much on dark scenes. I could not see submarine at all in the movie "The Hunt FOr Red October". Recently the binking out has started again. Now when I play video games in 480p or 720p I dont get any blinking at all. Watching High def images do not give me problems either. Just progressive can imaging. Anyone out there got any Ideas. Thanks for the help

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
I don't know anything about Zenith HDTV's, but does it have a built in progressive scan feature? I have the Sony XBR 34 inch widescreen television and it's got a progressive scan feature called Cinemotion built in that does a better job with the progressive scan than the dvd player I have. If it is a problem with the progressive scan players you are buying, perhaps try turning on the HDTV's internal progressive scan and leaving the dvd player's progressive scan off?

It's hooked up through component right?

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
Yes, it's hook up through the components. I'm not sure if it has internal progressive scanning. I also forgot to mention that the picture is slightly of center. I can only tell when I am playing a video game or during the thx logo on movies. On games there is a small blank area on the left side of the screen, and during the thx logo on dvd movies the right end of the thx box is off screen. It's only a small bit though. But I don't know how to fix it.

Jim FC

Stunt Coordinator
The problem you're having is that you stole the wrong brand of TV. Zeniths did this for a while and there's a fix for it, and I'm sure the store would have been happy to arrange it for you if you hadn't ripped them off. Sorry to get preachy but I think karma got you this time.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks