What's new

Zenith DVD (1 Viewer)

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
I work at Circuit City and my boss is going to let me return my Sony DVP-700 DVD player since it is horrible. I have some guys that work in the Video Department that tested out alot of the DVD players and they all said the Zenith DVB216 for 129.00 seemed the best regardless of price. Does anyone have any comments on this Player, im a little hesitant since its a zenith. I was orignally looking that the Panasonic 72s 5 disc changer but its way more money. Also does anyone know if the Zenith has the Chromo bug, im sure it doesnt since they all liked the picture at work.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
I would stay away from any Zenith products if I was you.
What is it about the Sony you dont like?

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
I like most sony products but their DVD players "at least the retail models" are horrible. If you ever want to see what a Chroma Bug is BUY A SONY.

What reasons do you have for not getting a Zenith DVD?

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Actually I have a Sony & what I would conceder a damn good one. I wont go into detail but luts just say its had it share of good use & still plays darn good.
If you do some looking into it RCA,GE which are two in the same, & Zenith they have some of the highest product failure rates out there for name brand products. Ask your store manager about return rates for various name brands, I don't know how much they would get into it but trust me Zenith is pretty high on the list. You need to take into consideration sales for that brand though, & compare by equal number of sales buy how many returns that brand X has compared to brand Y. I hope you can follow what I mean.

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
Im not saying i dont like my Sony, I do, but The chroma upsampling is horrible. If you have a smaller TV you may not see it as much as i do on a 51 inch widescreen SONY.
When i watch Toy Story you can see it all ovet the place.
As far as returns we have had more returns on the sonys for DVD players "one being my store manager" then any other higher priced DVD player. Although im not worried about returns because I myself return all my stuff eventaully to upgrade. Thats one nice thing about working at a electronic retailer is being able to buy something and then return it a year later to keep up to date.

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
I have the Zenith player in question and am very happy with it. I'm using it with a 43 inch Toshiba RPTV and the picture quality is excellent -- at least to my eyes. What's more the ergonomics and remote are exemplary -- an opinion shared by Home Theater Magazine which gave the player a very good review.
BTW, Zenith products are getting some excellent reviews lately, FWIW.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks