What's new

Zenith C32V37 HDTV? (1 Viewer)

Gil Jawetz

Stunt Coordinator
I've read some older threads about the Zenith C32V37 HDTV and wanted to solicit some more opinions. How is it? I was considering the Samsung TXN3298HF but now am not so sure. What's the word?

Lisa Menin

Agent
There are several threads at AVS forum filled with praise for this set. I have its younger brother, the C27V36, which has great picture quality.

Gil Jawetz

Stunt Coordinator
Cool. I thought I'd ask here because folks are very knowledgable. Over there the suggestions, while sometimes helpful, are often of the "the zoom function ROCKS! It totally gets rid of the black bars!!!!" variety.

I'm specifically trying to compare this set to the Samsung TXN3298HF. Those are my two choices. My questions are:

1) Does the Zenith have the "squeeze" capabilities of Sony and Samsung where all the resolution is directed to the widescreen image and not to drawing the black bars (i.e. the black bars are literally blank screen space (on a 16:9 image)

2) Is there a problem with red push

3) Does the built in cable decoder allow you to receive unscrambled HDTV channels even if you only subscribe to stndard cable (I only care about CBS, ABC, etc... and not HBO, ESPN for now)

4) Is the plug being in the front a problem?

I have some more questions but I can't think of them now. I'm probably going to have to pick between these two without actually auditioning them, which sucks, so I want to at least make sure I'm getting the feature set I want.

Gil Jawetz

Stunt Coordinator
I found the answer to question 1 on Amazon's site:

That sounds about right. How about the other questions?

Lisa Menin

Agent
I can report that, on my C27v36, the plug is on the side, instead of being in the back. While it is ugly, it doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the set.

I don't have any red push at all.

This model does not have the built-in cable decoder so I can't speak to that.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor

Yes, as long as it is unscrambled. This feature pays for the TV in a few years alone in my opinion. Chances are it will take a good while for cable companies to catch on or care since so few people will have this capability.

Gil Jawetz

Stunt Coordinator
That's what I was thinking. I was going to subscribe to mo' expensive DTV just to watch Alias and Angel in HD but if I get "broadcast" channels without doing that or running an antenna then this TV is the man!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks