Zenith 42" Plasma 16:9 EDTV Model P42W34?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Michael Douglas, May 2, 2004.

1. Michael Douglas

Michael Douglas Stunt Coordinator

Dec 4, 2003
    Anyone heard anything about this plasma TV? It's another of the big-but-cheap TVs. However, part of me is thinking I need to spend money on one of the big boys (Sony, Panasonic) to actually get quality. Zenith is probably down there with Daewoo.

1200:1 contrast ratio delivers an ultra-sharp contrast between light and dark images

1000 cd/m² high-brightness ensures your picture is always incredibly bright, even in well-lit rooms

852 x 480p high-resolution produces extremely detailed imagery

Aspect ratio correction provides intelligent resizing of video and computer images to 16:9 widescreen or 4:3 conventional formats

DVI with HDCP interface provides a secure, all-digital signal path for the delivery of copy-protected high-definition content from compatibly equipped sources

Flexible picture-in-picture lets you watch 2 shows at once

Wide 160-degree viewing angles

Picture orbiter and whitewash functions help prevent burn-in
    Faroudja DCDi de-interlacer

Quiet, fan-free operation

Jacks include: DVI with HDCP, hi-res component video, S-video input, composite input, 3 audio inputs, audio output, RGB input (15-pin Type-D connector) and RS-232c

Standard-definition (SDTV), enhanced-definition (EDTV) and high-definition (HDTV) monitors require an optional set-top box to receive digital signals

2. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

Mar 7, 2002
    You may want to drop by your local Best Buy and take a look at it. I found it still had a way to go to reach the quality of a $2700 Panasonic 42" plasma.