What's new

Zenith 27" HDTV $348.88 Your thoughts (1 Viewer)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
BrandsMart USA in FL has the 27" model C27V22 for $348.88 I know it doesn't have the built in tuner but it does have a RGB Computer Input. Anybody have any thoughts on this model especially for the price. Thanks

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
At that price it's a steal. No, it doesn't have a built-in ATSC tuner, but you can get one later.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
That is a steal for a 27" HD set. The only other units in that size/price range that I have heard of are the Samsung 27" (quite a bit more money) and the Advent 27" (iffy brand name, iffy reliability reports)

Most HD units don't have a tuner at this point. Don't worry about it too much.

bruin

Second Unit
I have this set and bought it for $350 used! It's a great set, clear and sharp. Only has one 1080i/480p input but for the price that's fine.

I use a cheap A/V selector that's supposed to be used for composite video and stereo but I plug in the component cables anyways. As long as you match the colors up you can have 3 HD component inputs for a mere $15. You can find these on ebay. They are either blue or yellow in color.

There's also a VGA input (for High Def 1080i) but you need an adapter to use this. There is also a 480i only component input.

Frank@N

Screenwriter

I'm interested in the 32" version, but it's probably the same.

What does the VGA 'adapter' amount to?

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
FYI:

A cheap A/V selector probably doesn't have the bandwidth necessary for transmitting a totally uncorrupted HD signal. There's a reason for component switches, and higer bandwidth in receivers for component switching.

bruin

Second Unit
Well, to my eyes they look as good as if I connected my HD sources directly to the TV.

Regarding the VGA input, it becomes a 2nd 1080i input if you use a vga adapter.

I don't mean to steal this thread but has anyone tried hooking a pc to an HD via vga input? This is my plan once I get a cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks