Zemeckis migrates to Warner Bros.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon_B, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Director Robert Zemeckis might be leaving Dreamworks and join Warner. Any opinions about this. Would this be good for Warner, bad for Dreamworks?
    http://bttf.com/news/01122801.shtml
    Jon

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

My guess is that this would be good for Dreamworks and bad for Imagemovers. From the sound of things, the cost of upkeeping them is higher than the financial benefit.

3. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Jon, I don't think I know enough about the politics and effects of this migration to form an opinion.

All I know is when BTTF trilogy is released, I hope it's loaded to the gills and with Anamorphic OAR of course! I don't care who puts it out, just someone put it out NOW!

Maybe Zemeckis will straighten Warner out who knows, I think Dreamworks is awesome.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

The nature of the article makes it sound VERY preliminary, kind of in the "shopping around" stage.

The header makes it sound like a done deal, but it clearly is not.

5. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

Reading about Spielberg and Zemeckis ending their business relationship (and possibly their friendship as well) makes me think of a scene from their collaboration "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?". When Eddie Valiant is looking at photos he developed, he sees pictures of him and his murdered brother. We then pan over newspaper headlines telling of their great accomplishments. Replace the toon references with headlines like "Back To The Future Highest-Grossing Film Of 1985" and "Spielberg Announces Zemeckis As Best Director", all while the movie's mournful and melancholy music of Alan Silvestri plays in the background, and that could sum up the situation, ending in the headline "2 Fantastic People Go Into Business Together".

Sincerely,

John "Maybe I'm too depressed, or I think too much" Kilduff

6. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

I thought What Lies Beneath did very well in theaters, didn't it?

7. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter