What's new

Zemeckis migrates to Warner Bros. (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My guess is that this would be good for Dreamworks and bad for Imagemovers. From the sound of things, the cost of upkeeping them is higher than the financial benefit.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Jon, I don't think I know enough about the politics and effects of this migration to form an opinion.

All I know is when BTTF trilogy is released, I hope it's loaded to the gills and with Anamorphic OAR of course! I don't care who puts it out, just someone put it out NOW!

Maybe Zemeckis will straighten Warner out who knows, I think Dreamworks is awesome.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The nature of the article makes it sound VERY preliminary, kind of in the "shopping around" stage.

The header makes it sound like a done deal, but it clearly is not.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Reading about Spielberg and Zemeckis ending their business relationship (and possibly their friendship as well) makes me think of a scene from their collaboration "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?". When Eddie Valiant is looking at photos he developed, he sees pictures of him and his murdered brother. We then pan over newspaper headlines telling of their great accomplishments. Replace the toon references with headlines like "Back To The Future Highest-Grossing Film Of 1985" and "Spielberg Announces Zemeckis As Best Director", all while the movie's mournful and melancholy music of Alan Silvestri plays in the background, and that could sum up the situation, ending in the headline "2 Fantastic People Go Into Business Together".

Sincerely,

John "Maybe I'm too depressed, or I think too much" Kilduff

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Imagemovers' five-year, overall deal with DreamWorks, which ends next year, has yielded just two Zemeckis-directed pictures: ``What Lies Beneath'' and ``Cast Away,'' both released last year. And while both were hits, both were also pricey co-productions in which DreamWorks split half of the box office lucre with 20th Century Fox.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks