Zelda: Wind Waker - Frustrating gameplay!!!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Paul_D, Jul 8, 2003.

1. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

The endless sailing is beginning to irritate me no end. I'm at the beginning of the quest for the eight Triforce shards. Has anyone got a guide for collecting the eight pieces avoiding all the other treasure hunting rubbish? I have absolutely no intention of spending hours sailing around looking for rupees. [​IMG]

2. Elliott Willschick

Elliott Willschick Second Unit

3. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

I just sold my copy of Wind Waker on ebay. I just couldn't get into it.

4. NickC

NickC Second Unit

Yeah, its gets really boring towards the middle of the game when you have to sail all over to get the triforce, not as good as the previous 3 zelda games, OOT, MM, and ALTTP, wasn't bad, could have and should have been better...

5. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

You can use the one Wind Waker command that beckons a funnel cloud to take you to many of the locations that are very close to the shrouds. Sailing sucks, so once you can warp from place to place, it makes it a little more bearable.

6. Philip_S

Philip_S Stunt Coordinator

Some of the spots where you're doing endless platform jumping are annoying. Jump here, jump there, use your grappling hook, hookshot that.

7. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

i hate the sailing as well. it bored me to death...what a shame! without the sailing, the game is actually better than most other game on the cube.

8. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I stopped playing it. I got it about a month and a half ago, but school (finals), work, a field trip, and other games took my attention. Just didn't get into it much.

9. Joe D

Joe D Supporting Actor

For the sailing parts I usually just swtiched video on my TV so instead of viewing the game I watched network TV, if I was being chased by sharks or something similar the controller would rumble so I would switch back, and I periodically checked how my sailing was going, this made the sailing parts much easier to bear.

10. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

PIP makes the long sailing parts before you have the travelling song helpful, and once you have the travelling song I can stand the 30 seconds or so of sailing that it takes.

It's best to hit the game one day when you're in a sailing mood and map out the whole map so you can get wherever you need with the warp later.

11. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

My impressions so far early on are not too fond...the last thing when I'm trying to do when playing a zelda game is worrying about not being seen...and right now I'm on the first town and no matter what I do I can't figure out where 2 of those kids are at. The deku tree and the first town in oot were much more enjoyable(especially if I still can recall it after 6 years).But one thing I noticed is Nintendo has really stepped up there dialogue this generation though.