zelda wind waker bonus disc?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christ Reynolds, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    i went to electronics boutique in the mall to pre-order the new zelda game on 12/30, and asked about the bonus disc. the kid behind the desk said the bonus disc was only a rumor. although i know nothing has been officially comfirmed. i asked why the 'rumor' was on the ebgames.com website for ordering, and he said they arent the same company. i dont know much about that, but the governing body of the b&m store and ebgames.com are the same, i'm pretty sure. anyway, i walked down the mall to the ebx store (not sure what the difference is) and they said, yep, you get the bonus games, no problem. so, i ordered there. i figured, even if i dont get the extra games, i can say, 'wtf, you said..." and so on. although i'm pretty sure i will get them. anyway, has anyone else had pre ordering issues like these?

CJ

2. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

The EB I talked to yesterday hadn't even heard of the bonus disc, so I have no idea what the deal with it is.

3. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

As far as I understand, the pre-order deal is by Nintendo, and I'm sure that EB is part of it, as a very large game-selling branch of their company. The staff probably just doesn't know about it yet.

4. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

5. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ

6. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

I had no issues. I preordered from local EB, no problems.

7. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

8. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit

No problems here, either. In fact, the kid at Babbage's (owned by GameStop) said that the bonus disc would be in earlier than the actual game, sometime in February; the game is released on March 24 (my birthday....this is more than coincidence, my friends). [​IMG]
    If you can't buy it at a B&M store, there's tons of places online. Be sure to get the bonus disc. Even if you don't really care about the N64 games, it will be worth a forune on eBay in a few years.

9. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

My question is:

Can you only obtain the Extra OOT/MQ disc by preordering on certain sites?; by preording before a certain date? Or will B&Ms actually carry the 'bonus disk' version? Is this a pre-order-only special?

~joseph