What's new

zelda preorder (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
He said Nintendo gave EB the go-ahead after others broke street date and were fined.
That's pretty funny since their online arm has been shipping orders since 2/6. I think perhaps they changed the wording of the availibility of the bonus disc on their website to avoid the appearance of breaking street date. (Ships on 2/6 changes to Ships to arrive by 2/16).

Not that I'm not happy to have my disc early, just amused.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Well, I had mine ordered through GameStop. I decided to order it through EBgames.com and see if I get it any faster. I'm itching to play this and I can't believe that GameStop hasn't shipped them yet.

Mike

Nathan Gillmore

Stunt Coordinator
Got my bonus disc in from EBgames.com yesterday. Looks fantastic in progressive mode! There are bonus movies on the disc, the coolest being the new F-Zero! I can't wait for that, looks awesome. I hope it lives up to the older ones.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
That's a pretty good price for people who just want the port. I had my head up my ass and completely forgot to preorder anything until late last night. I ended up preordering from EB at 5am this mornnig, and my bonus disc has already shipped. Talk about fast turn around!

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I forgot about the whole preorder thing, too. Actually, last week when I remembered, I stopped by the local EB and was informed (even though they had signs posted throughout the store) that I could NOT preorder Wind Waker with the bonus disc. The manager drone on the floor said that corporate told him not to sell any more because they couldn't get any more or some such nonsense. I told him that he should think about taking down the posters and he replied that Nintendo was paying for them to be up, so up they will stay...

In any event, on my way home for lunch today, I had to run an errand at Wal-Mart and saw a display of Zelda bonus discs. I picked one up for a $10 preorder fee along with a redemption form for Wind Waker. No fuss no muss.

So, if you haven't gotten it yet, you may want to check out your local Wal-Mart B&M. I'm guessing Target, K-Mart and the rest will all follow suit.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Just got my bonus disk from UPS. I'm at work and have martial arts training later, so I won't see it until late tonight. I'll report then.

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
My local Best Buy had a big display of the bonus discs out on the floor yesterday, so I picked one up for $15. The register didn't print anything special, so I'll just hang on to my receipt...

I work at Kmart, and I know for a fact that we'll be having the bonus discs as well starting on the 16th.

Even if EB can no longer take preorders, keep in mind that none of the 'non-specialty' stores (Best Buy, Walmart, Kmart, etc.) haven't even started yet. Nintendo did a good job of making sure everyone who preordered got the disc in Japan, so I don't doubt that they'll do the same for us.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I'm starting to wonder if I should cancel my order with Gamestop.com and just go on a crazy disc hunt on Friday and try and get it in person. I think getting it in person might actually be easier for me as the mail system around here is pretty poor. Hmm.. choices choices.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Nintendo is selling systems because of these games, so they'd be foolish to not produce lots of 'em. (I count 3 people in this thread alone, including myself, buying systems just for these games)
Of course, I expect the traditional Nintendo technique of saying there will only be an extremely small amount of them made..."so get yours now!", followed by enormous price markups on the product because of great demand, followed by tons more product magically appearing on store shelves when those run out. Funny how that always happens, Nintendo! ;)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Just got off the phone with Target and Best Buy here in Minneapolis/St. Paul. Best Buy is selling the OOT bonus disk for $15, which will go towards the purchase of WW.

Target has yet to receive their preorder coupons, but have the OOT bonus disks on hand. I was told to check in on Thursday or Friday.

Sounds like the 16th is just a faded memory.

RayG

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought the bonus disc at Best Buy, but nothing special printed out for me either. Does anyone know how this will be applied to Wind Waker when it's released in March? Will I just need my receipt?

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
RayG, I figured that Best Buy's registers might not be programmed to print any kind of special coupon for Wind Waker until the promotion officially starts this Sunday.

That being said, I've got my receipt showing I paid my $15, so they WILL take that amount off of Wind Waker when I go to purchase it in March.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
That being said, I've got my receipt showing I paid my $15, so they WILL take that amount off of Wind Waker when I go to purchase it in March.
Yes, they will for me too. Although I cannot forsee any problems with this - the tag on the display said Zelda PRESELL. Just make sure you don't lose the receipt.

Most of the display was already empty when I finally got there tonight.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Well, my evil plan worked :). Seems like GameStop is indeed not shipping like everyone else, and I got my Zelda OOT shipment notice from EBGames.com. I'm cancelling my GameStop order.
Good to know about Best Buy. I'll stop there after work and pick up a copy of OOT for my nephew.
Mike

Just got my bonus disk at walmart for $10. The lady at the register didn't even know about the free disk. She almost didn't sell it to me becasue of the "Not for resale" message on the back of the game.

SteveA

Supporting Actor
The Best Buy near me did not have Zelda bonus disks. The employees looked at me like I had three heads when I asked about. They knew nothing about it.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The local GameStop is allowing people to get preorders in, then they're giving the discs out to those who have preordered on Sunday.

Anyone know if I can preorder on March 20th and still get the bonus disc?

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Morgan,
I think it all depends on availability. Nobody knows how many of these things Nintendo has made,or if they're going to be making any more.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Nintendo said in Japan that they would only make 100,000, but the demand caused them to make enough for every person who preordered the game, so I'm hoping they'll do the same here, or that I'll get a copy of the disc before it's too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks