What's new

zelda preorder (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i almost bought zelda ocarina for my old asian nintendo64 when i heard that they are going to release it for the cube.

the problem is, where do i need to pre-order? please let me know about it, it is VERY important to me.

thanks in adv.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
You can do it online at ebgames.com. They'll send you the Ocarina Gamecube disc in february. I preordered mine locally today, and I'll be picking up the disc on the 14th. Happy valentines day to me :)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Damn..I don't want to have to open a one time account just for the pre-order disc. Is their online store reputable? I honestly can't remember if we have an EBGames in the Paramus area..

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i couldnt place the order on ebgames website. it keeps returning to the "place your order" page. any other alternatives?

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I've no idea if Amazon will be offering the preorder bonus disc or not. Have you tried a local video game store? I preordered at GameStop.

Also, what browser were you using when you had the problem at ebgames.com? I've never had any problems, but maybe your browser is old or not compatable with their site?

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I had the same problem a while back. Clear out you cookies, close IE, then try again.

(to clear cookies: Tools>Internet Options. Selecting "Delete cookies" will delete all of them, which you probably don't want to do. Instead, select "Delete Files", then "Settings". On the next screen, select "View Files". Then manually delete any cookies you want to get rid of. Make sure to get rid of anything related to EBGames and EBWorld)

-Dave

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
thanks dave, but lemme tell you what happened last night.

a representative from amazon told me that he was not aware of such bonuses ( the zelda ocarina and the other one ), so i quickly cancelled my preorder with amazon. i tried preordering it once again at gamestop, thinking that if it didnt work, i would just place the preorder over the phone. but this time it worked just fine and i didnt even do a thing about internet explorer.

anyway, people who want to preorder zelda should be careful not to preorder it from any other online retailer.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
A couple of us had this question last week on a thread which was deleted for some reason. I ended up ordering through gamestop.

I preordered there because 1) they allow you to place a one time order without having to make a commitment to the site, and 2) there was a clear language indicating that the preorder would include the bonus disc.

Amazon really doesn't have a clue about this sort of stuff, and I'd be shocked if they bothered to release any sort of bonus disc in February.

~j

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Just checked the EBgames site, and noticed that it said:

Ships to U.S. addresses only.

Anyone able to find anywhere to preorder from in Canada?

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Ah, Chris, I too am anxious to hear the answer to that very question. I really have no ability to pre-order this from EBGames and am quite interested to here if EB in Canada (or, preferably, Future Shop since they offer better prices around here).
I imagine that most stores will announce this around the end of January. I wager there'll be something, since EB and Future Shop both had pre-order deals for Resident Evil and FS had the free Luigi's Mansion with Super Mario Sunshine pre-order deal. The Ocarina of Time disc isn't much more above and beyond that, and Zelda is undoubtedly more of an A-list title.
Oh, and here's quick update, this is off the Nintendo Canada site:
http://www.nintendo.ca/cgi-bin/users...m=8&id=3167419

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
does anyone know what the actual release date for the game is? EBGames has it listed as the 21st while Gamestop.com has it listed as the 24th. The reason I ask is because depending on which of those is accurate I'll be either at home(or away on a trip for spring break) or at school so I'm trying to figure out which is the correct date. If it's the 24th I'll just go ahead and do it online(and pay the little extra for the convienence factor). If it's the 24th then I'll just have the OoT disc shipped early(and pay the extra $) to my school address and have The Wind Waker shipped there when it comes out. If it's the 21st I don't think they'll let me have the preorder disc shipped to a different address than the Wind Waker disc and lord knows I don't want Wind Waker being sent to my school address and floating around the campus mail system for a few days while school is not in session(our mail system is iffy at best). Anyone have any ideas?

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Best Buy stores will be doing some Zelda pre-order promotion of some sort. Something in the middle of February, for $14.99 (reserving other games is usually $5.00). I don't have any other details right now, and the website doesn't list anything, but there's something going on with it.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Update-I just got back from my local EB (Conestoga mall in Waterloo), and they are taking preorders for the game with the bonus disc. $20 down, and you can pick up the Ocarina disc in February.

So it appears that Canadian stores are participating.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Funny I should see this thread show up in my mailbox.
Just got back from the mall 2 hours ago, and put in my pre-order. Question though. Why are the US gamers getting the OOT re-hash, and missing out on the Majoras Mask disc that Japanese Gamers got?
I wanna sell my N64, and that would have gotten me one step closer to it, damnit ;)...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks