What's new

Zelda Pre-order question: How does it work? (1 Viewer)

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Hey, everyone. I went on a search to find a copy of the pre-order disc tonight, because it seems to have become very rare. I found one behind the counter at Wal-Mart (don't think I was supposed to be back there). ;) So...how exactly does this work? When I asked, no one at Wal-Mart had any idea what I was talking about. I'm wondering if I'll have any trouble applying this $10 toward Wind Waker. All I got was the disc and a receipt. Is there something inside the case, like a coupon or something? Just wondering. Thanks for any enlightenment.

Rob

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure how Walmart does it, but Best Buy rings it up two different ways if you're preordering as opposed to simply purchasing the disk, and gives you a coupon if you preorder.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I'm afraid, Robert, that you may have just bought the "Free" bonus disc for $10.

I wouldn't count on being able to apply that towards Zelda...

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Go get the disc somewhere else that has the preorders under control and return it to Walmart to get your $10 back.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, but HOLD ON TO IT until you find it somewhere else. $10 will be a small price compared to what you'll pay on eBay in the future.

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
I went back to Wal-Mart to see how I was supposed to redeem it, and they said I was supposed to get some kind of slip. I said I didn't get one, so I showed them my receipt, and they gave me one. Now I'm all set. I got my slip, my receipt, and the bonus disc. Is it officially out of print now, or what? Thanks for your responses.

Rob

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I actually see on Nintendo's site that you can order a Wind Waker bundle from them with OOT and a strategy guide. So, they're still out there. But, the site does say they are limited.

Joe michaels

Second Unit
BEST BUY didn't give me any kind of coupon when I bought mine. They told me to be sure and hang on to the receipt because that is all that would be necessary to obtain the Windwaker game minus $15.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
BEST BUY didn't give me any kind of coupon when I bought mine. They told me to be sure and hang on to the receipt because that is all that would be necessary to obtain the Windwaker game minus $15.
Yeah, my Best Buy got in copies of the game from Nintendo several days before they got their pre-sell tickets from corporate. So, anyone that bought the OOT disc but didn't get their pre-sell ticket with it, make sure you have your reciept with the purchase of the bonus disc showing on it, when you pick up Wind Waker this week.

Joe michaels

Second Unit
Thanks Matt, I just called BB and they confirmed exactly what you said before I read your post.
Also they said they are keeping a number of discs aside to cover the pre-orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks