ZELDA Master Quest: Fatal Glitch?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Kaz, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Brian Kaz

Brian Kaz Second Unit

I recently pre-ordered Wind Waker & got the bonus disc and think I have come across a major glitch. In the Forest Temple I beat the four Poes and went down the elevator to get to the boss room in the basement. This is were my problem started.

In the basement you're supposed to spin the walls until you get the opening with the floor button to raise the gate on the hallway to the Boss room. When I pressed it, it showed an animation of the gate raising, but when I got back to the Boss door Hallway the gate was back down. I went back to the button but it is still pressed in!

Does anyone know anything about this? As far as I know, I have done what you're supposed to do, but am unable to go any further. I fear that I have just wasted 12 hours of my life!

2. Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings Supporting Actor

I had that problem at first too, but when I kept trying to find the door to see if I was able to enter, I notice there is more then one switch to pushed. So other words, keep pushing down all the switches, it isn't too hard to find (thank god there no Wall Master in here [​IMG]).

3. Brian Kaz

Brian Kaz Second Unit

Thanks. I will investigate some more.

Though, it begs the question: Why did they show an animation of the gate opening if it didn't actually do so?

4. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

IIRC, there are 2 gates in the basement. The first button releases the first gate and then the second button (behind the first gate) releases the gate to the Big Bad... Unless they've changed it around for Master Quest.

5. Brian Kaz

Brian Kaz Second Unit

Well, I hit a crystal thingy to release the gate blocking the button. then, I pressed the button to release the gate blocking the Boss door...but it didn't release it.

Hence, my dilemma.

6. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Look around for an eye to shoot. It's hard to find.

7. Brian Kaz

Brian Kaz Second Unit

Got it. Thanks a bunch!