Zelda & Famitsu!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee M T, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

Famitsu has reviewed the Japanese version of Zelda: The Wind Waker. The game will release on Dec 13, 2002.
    Famitsu reviewers gave it a 10, another 10, another 10, and lastly, another 10. [​IMG] A perfect 40 out of 40.
    Only three other games have gotten thier"Perfect" award since they began in 1986. The other titles were Vagrant Story (PS1), Soul Calibur (Dreamcast), and Zelda: OoT (N64).
    Sources are many, but I'll just say www.PlanetGameCube.com.

2. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

Wow, I didn't know Vagrant Story got a 40. I still have that lying around here somewhere, unbeaten no less.

3. Hanson

Hanson Producer

Hanson
    How can a gam bee perffect wihtout multiplayer? Or have online?
    If you cant deathmach, the gam cant be perffect.
    [​IMG]

4. Jeffrey Itterly

AHHHHHH! The constant obsession with multiplayer. I'll never understand it.....
    Hopefully you were just being sarcastic.... [​IMG]

5. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

Bah...there is no such thing as a perfect game. [​IMG]

6. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

The only perfect games are the ones that people go back to on a regular basis or never get bored of, like Tetris.

Otherwise, there are games that are only technically and aesthetically perfecy.

7. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

I believe the new Zelda does have multiplayer...a little bit. By hooking up the GBA a second person can play as Tingle...If I'm not mistaken.

8. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Lee-

In fact, you ARE NOT mistaken. The Tingle thing allows the person using the GBA to drop bombs on areas inside the game (depending on where Link is) and I think even open up secret areas.

9. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

Yeah, I just read the interview over at GamePro.com, although they didn't go into detail, they did say the following:
    "Q: What was the impetus for the GBA connectivity?
    Aonuma: When we were building the design for this game, Mr. Miyamoto said that Zelda's always been a game for one person only, so why don't we make a game that multiple people can enjoy? The GBA option was our response to that idea."
    I also thought I would post this other question because I find this news very good. I feel others will as well because a lot of people think games are too short now-a-days...
    "Q: I have a question about the size of the game. Can we expect something comparable to the N64 titles?
    Aonuma: The record finishing time for the testing department is around ten hours right now, I think. Considering you could finish Ocarina in six hours if you tried, I think that gives you an idea of how much bigger this one is. (laughs) Of course, you need to be an incredible player that knows where everything is to beat it in ten hours; for normal players, I could see it taking forty hours or so the first time.
    Miyamoto: Well...I don't want to talk about how big the game is too much. (laughs) I mean, there are a lot of gamers out there that don't have that much time to play games. I don't want people telling me that Zelda sounds too big for them to deal with. I know a lot of people think that Nintendo's games have gotten short lately, but you will definitely not have that problem with this Zelda. (laughs) While playing the game, I kind of feel like The Wind Waker is basically divided into three distinct parts, like a stage play. And that was just something I felt while playing; it wasn't something deliberately designed by us. Of course, a lot of the events can be played out of order before the finale, and you don't even have to go through a lot of the events to finish the game, so I think what you see will depend a lot on what kind of player you are. It's very interesting in that aspect.