Zelda: A Link To the Past

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BertFalasco, Sep 16, 2002.

1. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

One of my all time favorite games. This is one of the few games that I never beat. Can someone tell/discuss the ending? It is "breaking my seal" but I just have to know.
    I think the furthest I got to was the dark world and could never cross the damn bridge that required a grappling hook on the right side of the big castle on the mountain in the clouds.
    -e{r]T

2. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Sorry I forget the answer to your question (I did beat the game), but I had to comment on the picture in your sig. That is great! [​IMG]

3. Darren Davis

Darren Davis Stunt Coordinator

oh man, Bert. Memories... Yeah, I'd like to know also (spoiler tags needed?). The farthest I ever got was to the Titan's mit part.

Ye ol' hookshot, the bird, the soundtrack, the rain in the beginning, etc. That was a REAL game!

4. BertFalasco

Hell yes, I feel ya jigga.
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeemmmmmmooooriiiiiiiiiiiieeeeess ss
    Thanks Andre.

5. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

Why don't you guys get your hands on a copy of the game and beat it yourself? Some things are better experienced first hand.
    I will say this though... the music was AWESOME! [​IMG]

6. Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge Second Unit

Can anyone say "Gameboy Advance..."

Sean

7. BertFalasco

Jeffrey, what is the point of a question concerning the end of a game then? Hence "question." [​IMG]
    If it was possible at the time, I certainly would of. Times change, things get given away by certain people, everything affects another. I can't just get it and beat it, and the emulated version has a glitch because me and my best bud tried.
    [​IMG]
    NO more dumb questions. [​IMG]
    -Bert

8. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

Emulation is cool and all, the GBA version will be great, but nothing will compare to playing through the second best(behind ocarina of time)Zelda game ever made while holding that wonderful SNES controller in your hands. If you are having trouble beating it go to www.gamefaqs.com and look up tips on how to cross the bridge.
    The ending is typical Zeldayou fight Ganon in the Temple at the center of the Dark World. You beat him and get the Triforce(you rescue Zelda before the final battle with Ganon)Peace is restored, all the characters you meet along the way you see theit fates, and the master sword is put to rest again.

Just go buy a refurb SNES for about 20 then Zelda for about 20 and have a great time man.

9. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

10. Sean Moon

Yes...the ending music to this game is AWESOME! A guy who works at my local EB actually made a remix disc of NES and SNES themes. He had this kinda of orchestral/industrial version of this ending playing in the store once. I had to give him props for using the ending boss music from Yoshi's Island. Almost nobody knows that music.

I have to reiterate my point about buying a used SNES. That, in my opinion, is the only TRUE way to play these games. Here is a story. I bought the Final Fantasy Anthology for $40 when it first came out for PSOne. I thought "great, no more hunting for ages looking for another copy of FFVI/III". I popped in the disc with FFVI/III on it and played for about ten minutes before shutting it off. The response time in the game was about a half second slower than the SNES version I remembered, and also...I wasnt holding an SNES pad. There is this great feeling of holding the original pads designed to play these games...you are holding a piece of history. I cannot imagine playing Super Metroid with anything else. It just wouldnt feel right.

SO, I beg you, please go buy this game for SNES, dont emulate it. There is this warm fuzzy feeling that comes with playing classic games on the classic system. I cant describe it.

11. Oscar_R

Oscar_R Second Unit

he rescues the princes! or was that mario ?

12. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

I loved the ending music too (especially during the part where we see the Triforce turning around and around, with the horizon in the background and the credits rolling). Loved it so much, that I hooked the SNES up to a tape deck and dubbed the music onto a tape. Listened to that music for weeks after that.

I'll echo what someone else said above--I loved the rain effects in the beginning. There was just something about ALTTP that just made it different. To this day, it remains my favorite "story" game (other favorites are Star Wars--1984 Atari, Ms. Pac Man, and Galaga, which don't have much of a story to them). Pretty much a perfect game.

13. BertFalasco

Jeffrey, I would in fact do that if I had the time, money, and the desire to. Why else would I ask the question, defies everything right? I don't have the time to "struggle.". I thought of these things before hand, why else would I ask of this? [​IMG]
    I could apply that mentality to anything? Movies, plays, anything holmes slice. Just restrictions.
    -Bert
    End

14. Sean Moon

The struggle is not too bad Bert. I can go through the game and beat it in under 2.5 hours. You just need to know what to do and what to skip. I and others merely suggested the idea of getting the system and the game just for you to get the original experience. Describing the ending when you havent played all the way through is kinda moot, as most of the events in the ending will have no backstory to them unless you play through them.

We didnt mean to push your buttons so much man...we just wanted you to have the best experience possible with this game.

15. BertFalasco

Oh, sorry took so long to reply. Been away for awhile. Nah I am not mad at all, ya'll ma internet boizzzzzzzz. Calm down, I am just saying I wanted to know, as I still do. But for some reason I have these images of Link inside a castle with soe wizard guy and I could cut down curtains on the left and right side of the room. Maybe I did get to the last boss..

Thanks jabronis.

-Bert

16. Sean Moon

That is Aghinim, he is Ganons lackey. I cant remember if the curtain battle is when you first fight him in the light world or when you fight him in the dark world.
    The ending is like described above in spoilers, but with each little intersitial we see what has happened to all the characters you meet during the game, like the flute player, the old man who you guided through death mountain and whatnot. There is literally so many characters to have endings for I cannot remember all of them, that is why I suggested the playing it through.

Or are you wondering what the final boss is like? Not the ending movies.

17. BertFalasco

Cream of the crop. [​IMG]

18. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

It was so long ago that I don't remember the ending all too well, just that I was SO depressed that this fantastic gaming experience was over! I don't think I ever felt that way about another game since.

19. Joe D

Joe D Supporting Actor

20. Ray Warner

Ray Warner Stunt Coordinator

Beyond the music, I didn't really think it was anything spectacular, to be honest, but it's not really a knock on the game -- which is near perfect otherwise.

I mean, how else were they supposed to end it? It's just your basic "Yay! Ganon's dead, we're not all going to die horribly!" ending. The only reason to want to see it is to savor the near post-coital feeling of "I just beat the game!". Taken out of context, it's pretty boring.

You know the story, it's not where you arrive, it's how you got there, blah blah blah blah...