What's new

Zatoichi (2003) Region 3 (1 Viewer)

Sten F

Second Unit
Just ordered Zatoichi 2003 by Takeshi Kitano, 2 disc DVD DTS Region 3 from CD-WOW.

I heard this movie should be a whole lot better than both Kill Bill and Last Samurai. Anyone seen this?

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
I haven't seen that particular DVD edition, but I did see the movie at a cinema in Dublin last week. It's a pretty good film, not up to the standards of classic Kurosawa stuff, but quite decent all the same. There's plenty of great swordplay moments intermixed with nice splashes of comedy ( and splashes of blood too ) :)

Eric.

Stunt Coordinator
I got the r2 japan version.It is certainly Takeshi Kitano's most playful movie.A good story and some realy cool digital effects.I have to watch it again to decide where it sits amongst Kitano's other movies but the fact that i have Hanna-Bi high on my list of the top 10 movies of all time means it's unlikley to come in at no.1 :)

i thoguht it was great overall... but have real mixed feelings over the CGI blood. Most of the time its so bad its distracting, there are few times when its just plain cool, but I promise you that the entire time you will be thinking "I know thats cgi blood", so in a way it takes away the movie magic for me. On the up side, the cinematography is really awesome and the soundtrack compliments it so well. The comedy is also great, too.

RobD

Second Unit
Watched this a few days ago and have to say I was impressed. I thought the decisive sword fights and strange comedy made an entertaining movie.

Moz

Agent
The original DTS track is a wonder to my ears...
Precise, dynamic and worst bying if you don't have it already ! This particular region 3 HK editor (PANORAMA) brings wonderful DVDs to the market.

JayHM

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone else think the Region 3 DVD has really bad black levels and faded colors? I always end up adjusting contrast and saturation just for this one title.

JayHM

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone else think the Region 3 DVD has really bad black levels and faded colors? I always end up adjusting contrast and saturation just for this one title.

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
Does the region 3 disc have Englsih subtitles for the bonus features on disc 2?

The region 2 didn't and there's some great docs there.

Kyle Tippett

Stunt Coordinator

This was done on purpose by Kitano to make the film appear less violent. Search interviews for proof, or take my word.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks