What's new

Man of Steel (2013) (1 Viewer)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Lol!! It definitely played at my theater here in Northeast La. Short & sweet. Definitely on the Less is More side, but effective.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by MattBradley /t/297988/zack-snyders-man-of-steel/300#post_3951570
What a tease! Tim, your post is the only proof I can find that says it is playing in front of TDKR!

Is this the trailer. ? Looks like someone took a handheld camera into the cinema.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Tim Glover /t/297988/zack-snyders-man-of-steel/300#post_3951624
Yes that's it. Using the music from Gandalf's fall from LOTR.

Might not stay up long, i bet Warner Bros ask for its removal from YouTube soon.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Greg Kettell /t/297988/zack-snyders-man-of-steel/300#post_3951660
He had gas.

That's what happens when you walk the earth like Caine from Kung Fu and eat beans for breakfast and dinner.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
And thanks for posting the teaser trailer. Now I know that I can skip it altogether when its released next year.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
^ I was underwhelmed too. This really didn't tease much of anything, but I'll wait until a full trailer is released before losing all hope. Thanks for the link FoxyM.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Early days yet, i think they have much of the CGI work and of course editing still to be done with the film, not to mention the music score, i bet the first full trailer will be far more exciiting.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyMulder /t/297988/zack-snyders-man-of-steel/300#post_3951713
Early days yet, i think they have much of the CGI work and of course editing still to be done with the film, not to mention the music score, i bet the first full trailer will be far more exciiting.

True, but if you can't put something out there that's a *little* exciting, then why bother? We are talkin' SUPERMAN here after all, not "Deadliest Catch" (as someone else mentioned).

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Well, I for one am intrigued....

... to know how Clark Kent goes from deckhand on a fishing boat to Daily Planet intrepid reporter.

I can only imagine some of the questions that come to his interviewer's mind.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I, for one, am glad that a good portion of the film basically takes place in Sup's early-20s "discovering his role in society" period. Donner's film basically montage's that part of his life (though I love how that works for his film). It's a good way to redo the "origin" story of Superman without redoing the escape from Krypton, life as a kid in Smallville, etc.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Thx Matt. Love the teaser. The one I saw before TDKR was the same but with Russell Crowe doing the voice over. More effective with Crowe.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tim Glover said:
Thx Matt. Love the teaser. The one I saw before TDKR was the same but with Russell Crowe doing the voice over. More effective with Crowe.
Same with my theater. The Jor-El version is available here.
I enjoyed the white halo formed when Superman broke the sound barrier, but the contrails from his feet made absolutely no sense. Contrails are formed from water vapor in the exhaust of the engines. A flying biological man has no engines. It seems like something that was just thrown in on the theory it would look cool.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I don't remember it mentioned they used the Lord of the Rings music, but I guess it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks