Zabriskie Point DVD in May?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Gordon McMurphy, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

http://rogerwatersonline.com/roger_w...nd12200403.htm

Warner probably had to clear the music rights with ol' Roger and so this is probably how this news was discovered.

I really hope that Warner also release The Passenger. If they can take a risk with ZP, then surely a Jack Nicholson film from the Seventies is worth the gamble!

I love Antonioni's films. The Passenger is an extraordinary film and a DVD release would be most welcome. If I can make it, I'll ask about these two films at the Warner Chat, but if I miss it, could someone ask on my behalf?

Great news.

2. Mark Lx

Mark Lx Second Unit

I agree on the "The Passenger". A great film. I first saw it in a film studies class 15 years.

I only know Zabriskie Point from a Pink Floyd album covers poster I had, but would love to see it.

3. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

Funnily enough, I watched The Passenger last night. It's an amazing film and there are many Jack Nicholson fans out there who have never seen it. It's one of his best, I feel. Beautiful locations, beautifully shot.

Zabriskie Point is a bit of a mess, plot-wise, but visually, it is breathtaking. And the music is good.

May would indeed be a fine time to release these as they would be hot on the heels of Criterion's stunning 2-disc of L'Eclisse.

4. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on Zabriskie Point, and I too would love to see Warner release The Passenger on DVD beside it.

5. ChristianLiemke

ChristianLiemke Stunt Coordinator

DVDuell.de
    I don't think that this will be released in May 2005. The news you're referring to, are from December 2004.