Z2 owners - what DVD player are you using?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Mike V, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Mike V

Mike V Stunt Coordinator

I am strongly considering this projector and would like to ugrade my DVD player (currently an old Panny 414)to match well with the projector. Any recommendations?

2. Mike V

Mike V Stunt Coordinator

Ok, let me phrase this differently and see what happens...

I would like to buy a new progressive scan dvd player to go with my new projector. Single disc is fine and I am not interested in DVD-Audio or SACD. My price range is under $1000.

Thanks for any recommendations?

3. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Ok that's easy then get the Denon 2900 and consider the fact its a universal an extra[​IMG] Seriously with the possible exception of the other Denon's and some older panasonics not much can keep up with the 2900 for video performance.

4. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens
    I actually feed my Z2 with a DVI signal from my computer.

For a standalone player I would be seriously looking at the Samsung that apparently just came out. It has a DVI output and is capable of outputting the Z2's native 720p resolution, and is under $300.

And in another current thread a new Pioneer is mentioned that also does the upscaling. Looks like there is some competition going on right now for people with DVI capable devices (like the Z2).

-Christian

5. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

The AVS guys are raving over the Momitsu V880 when used with the Z2. Information about them is here.