What's new

Z1 thorw distance/screen size question? (1 Viewer)

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
the calculator says if the throw disatnce is about 15' then the screen is going to be bigger than 100" diagnol. is this set in stone or is there a way to reduce the screen size a little. Also is the further away you get going to reduce picture quality? I am stuck between mounting on a cofee table(although I think this will be too low for the screen) or mounting on a shelf buitl on the back wall(which will be about 15' fromt he screen on the other wall. Any help will greatly be appreciated....I am oh so close to buying a FP and cant wait just dont want to make a mistake!! thanks everyone!

Brian

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The Z1 is a fairly short throw projector so at that range, you are looking at a minimum of 127" diagonal for a 16x9 screen. Since most of these digital projectors have zoom capability, quesitons usually arise as to where to mount it.... closer to the screen and less zoom or further away from the screen and more zoom. It is better to mount further away and then zoom the image in (smaller) to reduce the "hotspotting" effect on the screen. The further away the projector is, the more even the light dispeersement on the screen.

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
So You are saying the 15' will be ok....and I can zoom it in to make a smaller screen...cause that would be ideal. The only other option I could do is to buy or make a screen to have come in fromnt of my rptv(instaed of projecting on the wall) this will bring it a few feet closer thus making the screen a bit smaller. I am just concered about making the picture too big and the picture not being excellent. Also room constraints might eb an issue as well. If the z1 can zoom to the 100" from 15 feet then I will pull the trigger!!

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks