Z1 and Z2 question

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Roveen_A, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Roveen_A

Roveen_A Auditioning

I have made up my mind to get an z1 or z2. My only concern is the low lumens. Does it really matter? When does lumens make a big deal? My room can be completely dark (no windowns) and is small at 15x11x8. I'm just wondering if the z1 or z2 will be ok in this room. Please help. Thanks.

2. Logan G

Logan G Agent

I'm sitting in my basement watching the Browns vs Ravens on my Z2 right now. I have light coming in two small windows and a light on behind me so I can type this message. The picture even with all the ambient light is plenty bright. In the dark the picture is very bright with excellent color and detail. My room is also larger then yours.

Don't worry, just enjoy the big picture.

3. DavidVT

DavidVT Stunt Coordinator

Ro,

Where in TX are you located? If you are located close to SA, your more than welcome for a sneek peek @ my Z1. Again I must say that HD on the Z1 is superb!!! Z2 must be much better

4. Roveen_A

Roveen_A Auditioning

houston

5. DavidVT

DavidVT Stunt Coordinator

Man,

Thats quite a trip. If the cash is not too much of a concern, I'd opt for the Z2, if funds are tight, then you will not be disappointed with the Z1

6. SethOakley

SethOakley Agent

Roveen_A

As a current owner of the Z1, I really think that you would be thrilled with either projector. Like David said, if you have the money go for the Z2, but for 1000 less and the Z1 you would be thrilled. The main differences in the two models seems to be the 1300:1 Contrast ratio on the Z2 as well as the DVI input. Are these worth the extra $1000? I couldn’t tell you, as I have never seen the Z2. All I know is that if you bought the Z1 and then had $1000 left over for “extras” you would be completely satisfied. Heck, by two Z1’s and two theaters. [​IMG]

Anyway, either one would be great. If you can control the light, the brightness of these projectors will be more than adequate. I watch my Z1 with two lamps on and still have a wonderful picture.

7. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    There is an excellent shoot out between the new Z2 and the Panasonic A 500 at Projector Central. The guy that reviewed the Z2 loved it.

Parker

8. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Clay,
    Now lets see how long it takes you to get it. It is dropped shipped from SE and for some people it took up to 2 weeks to get.

9. Clay M

Clay M Agent

No hurry for me. My HT won't be done until mid February anyway. I'm just collecting equipment at this point.

10. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Moving to displays.

11. Sam M

Sam M Auditioning

I took your advise and contacted andy at cinepro home theater. they took my money and kept it. watch out for these guys