What's new

Z-Nation! (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Meanwhile I'm the other end of the spectrum. I've completely come around on the show - I like the characters (even an insufferable asshole like Murphy) and I want to see where they're going with this.

Mind you, I thought last weeks election parody was a weak episode. Eh, it's gonna happen from time to time - although I liked that "You told me he was dead!" "I thought he was - the dumpster was surrounded by zombies" dig at TWD.

Okay, I lied. I'm still watching. It's so bad, so painful, but like a train wreck, can't turn away. I still hate it, but I'm so far into it, I have to see it through to the end :rolleyes:

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I had to laugh at "Underground Seattle" in this weeks episode. The entirety of the real life Underground Seattle could have fit in that first tunnel. That concrete, well lit and well maintained tunnel.

Ah well - I'm not watching for historic accuracy. :)

So when did 10K get captured by Murphy? Last we saw of him, Warren's crew had just figured out his Dark Secret and he ran off. Unless I missed something, there's story here yet to be told.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I had to laugh at "Underground Seattle" in this weeks episode. The entirety of the real life Underground Seattle could have fit in that first tunnel. That concrete, well lit and well maintained tunnel.

Ah well - I'm not watching for historic accuracy. :)

So when did 10K get captured by Murphy? Last we saw of him, Warren's crew had just figured out his Dark Secret and he ran off. Unless I missed something, there's story here yet to be told.

Haven't quite finished the episode, but the "Seattle Underground" was funny. Clean, well lit, so not what it really is.

This show is really bad, I only watch because much of it was filmed in and around Spokane.

The building they use for Murphy's headquarters is a dump. Been vacant and an eyesore for 25+ years. Broken windows, pigeons took over, it's truly disgusting, but somebody must be paying the tax bill and they cleaned it up enough for use on the show.

This is obviously a very low budget production. They used locations in Spokane that have been abandoned, buildings that have been vacant for years, the unattractive railroad bridges. The rural stuff also probably cost almost nothing. Just pine trees and dirt roads.

They apparently advertised for extras to play Zombies, but I never knew about any of it until I started watching and did a little internet research.

Not bashing Spokane, I love it here, they're just not showing any of the good stuff. But a fun waste of time.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
So I thought the building they were using for Murphy's HQ was the one overlooking the waterfalls in downtown. Mind you, I've spent 8 hours in Spokane tops, so my geography of the city is shaky at best. I can find Dicks and that's about it. I wish they would do something with the Giant Red Wagon - that has some potential for the goofy shit this show likes to do.

As for this week - I had to laugh at the pirate zombie in the tub. Ridiculous. The hide-and-seek was amusing too.

The interplay between Murphy and 10K was pretty good stuff. As for the note at the very end, I framegrabbed it and flipped it on it's access: "Find Warren bring her to me. She [obscured by fold in the paper] kill [obscured by fold in the paper]"

Stan

Senior HTF Member
So I thought the building they were using for Murphy's HQ was the one overlooking the waterfalls in downtown. Mind you, I've spent 8 hours in Spokane tops, so my geography of the city is shaky at best. I can find Dicks and that's about it. I wish they would do something with the Giant Red Wagon - that has some potential for the goofy shit this show likes to do.

As for this week - I had to laugh at the pirate zombie in the tub. Ridiculous. The hide-and-seek was amusing too.

The interplay between Murphy and 10K was pretty good stuff. As for the note at the very end, I framegrabbed it and flipped it on it's access: "Find Warren bring her to me. She [obscured by fold in the paper] kill [obscured by fold in the paper]"

No, his HQ is this awful building, abandoned for decades about 3-4 miles east of the waterfalls, used to drive by it every day to work. Broken windows, pigeons, big fence around it. Probably got to use it for a very good price. Have absolutely no idea what it used to be, but it's been vacant for at least 30 years, maybe more. Kind of like that dive of a hotel they used early in the series (which surprisingly is being renovated, finally).

I don't know if they'd be allowed to film near the Red Wagon, that's our "perfect park, always used for publicity photos, then again this city will do anything for a $).

They use the "Washington Water Power" building, which is a dam over our river, right in the middle of downtown, which actually does generate some power. I don't think they've ever shown those waterfalls, which are probably 150-200 feet. They stick to the more scenic stuff about 1/4 mile upriver. It was a PUD, my grandparents made a lot of money off of it, but then somehow switched to a for-profit corporation maybe in the '70s? called Avista. Thankfully they are held to certain profit levels, can't just raise rates as they please and sometimes are forced to reduce them.

Being the cynic that I am, they supposedly keep the neon WWP sign for nostalgia, I personally think they're just to cheap to change it^_^

It is fascinating seeing a show that's been filmed where you live, very rare for us, so that's oddly a lot of why I put up with how awful the show really is.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Even though this is filmed in and around the city I live in, the novelty factor has worn off. The show is awful, bad writing, lousy actors, I just can't watch any longer.

Zapped from the DVR schedule, never to be seen again. Good luck to those who may continue viewing.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Awww, so you didnt get to see the Index General Store cameo?

I thought last weeks episode was pretty good - the BTTF joke was funny (and, for a moment, I thought the show was JUUUUUUST batshit crazy enough to do something with it), and I thought the idea that deep down inside, Zombies are more than just animated corpses was an interesting one. It could be a new take on what is rapidly becoming well worn ground.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Awww, so you didnt get to see the Index General Store cameo?

I thought last weeks episode was pretty good - the BTTF joke was funny (and, for a moment, I thought the show was JUUUUUUST batshit crazy enough to do something with it), and I thought the idea that deep down inside, Zombies are more than just animated corpses was an interesting one. It could be a new take on what is rapidly becoming well worn ground.

I did miss that one, but have decided to try again. It's one of those "so awful, you have to watch" shows. Not sure when it starts up again. Can't imagine there is much post-production stuff to do, don't think there is any CGI or special effects at all. Unless they're filming in about a foot of snow and single degree temps, must have filmed the upcoming season last summer.

Find this hard to believe, but read that they have supposedly boosted the state economy by $55M.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Well, I seem to recall reading about them shooting at Fort Casey around late spring/early summer. Since that was the climax of the season, the lead time is probably 8 to 10 weeks before that, so I'd guess production started mid march?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks