What's new

You've been waiting for this! Take a CHRISTMAS VACATION...16x9 style! (1 Viewer)

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
Yes this is a must have DTS DVD. It would be a great audio demo disc. Hehee :D actually I am just glad it is widescreen. I've resisted purchasing any of these films because they were non OAR. Should be a great transfer.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Excellent *tenting fingers*

I'll be buying at least two copies of this on release date; it's also my Dad's favorite Christmas movie. He's seen it so many times that he laughs -before- the funny parts.

DeanWG

Stunt Coordinator
Now if we can get a good 16x9 transfer of A Christmas Story my 2 favorite Christmas movie wishes would come true.
As mentioned, I believe, in a recent Warner Brothers chat, there is a good chance that we may see a new 16X9 DVD of "A Christmas Story" before or during this holiday season. I know, because I sold off both my crappy FS version of Christmas Vacation, as well as my copy of ACS.

Looking forward to adding these two in OAR for safe keeping in the collection.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse!
For those of you pleased about new WS versions of previous FS releases from Warner, don't forget that Space Jam - SE is announced for 10/28, that Christmas Story is indeed about to be announced, and that Vegas Vacation SE was also promised for THIS YEAR according to the last HTF chat. Police Academy is also in the works (all of 'em, according to the chat, not just the already-released-as-FS first film). Chariots of Fire is next year as a 2-disc SE.

Now if I can just get the Grumpy Old Men movies in OAR, I'll be on my way to heaven...

James L White

Supporting Actor
what David said,also Funny Farm WS and With Honors WS would be nice, also an SE of Risky Business would be a title I'd double dip.Anyone know if the first Police Academy will be getting SE treatment ,or at least WS?

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Mark me down for a copy of this and christmas story SE.

I agree we NEED a Funny Farm SE,

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I agree we NEED a Funny Farm SE,
A Funny Farm: Special Edition would rock - one of my favorite Chevy movies.

Christmas Vacation is fun too, though I'm more excited about the original Vacation and the not-yet-announced Vegas Vacation re-release.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Just saw Christmas Vacation up for pre-order at Amazon.

It's $14.99, 2 dollars cheaper than the current abomination. :D

JohnDG

Stunt Coordinator
Question for the experts on this film:

It was my understanding that the 4x3 releases of "Christmas Vacation" and "Vacation" where open matte versions. That is, the theater release, at 1.85:1, was a frame within the filmed picture. And that the 4x3 DVD releases included extra film at the top and bottom, versus a 16x9 release offering extra film at the sides.

I vaguely remember researching this two years ago while considering purchasing the 4x3 DVD release. Is the above info correct?

Anybody?

jdg

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I have mixed feelings in regards to the upcoming "Vacation Giftset" which David Lambert posted above. You know how they say one rotten apple can spoil the whole bunch?? Unless a special edition widescreen version of "Vegas Vacation" is included with this set, it won't be worth buying, since the current available version is only FS.

I've read through the thread and some have stated that "Vegas Vacation" will be available in widescreen this year, but I've yet to hear a formal confirmation of this. Mind you, if a widescreen version of the movie is included with this set, I'll definitely put all my eggs in one basket by picking it up, as opposed to grabbing each one individually. But as I said, if it's the fullscreen version, I'll be left with no choice but to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks