What's new

You've been waiting for this! Take a CHRISTMAS VACATION...16x9 style! (1 Viewer)

Mark Basile

Stunt Coordinator
I've held off purchasing just about every studio's pan-and-scan "mistakes". I'd definitely purchase an anamorphic widescreen version of the Vacation series, and I think a lot of people would. A LOT of people.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
LukeB - stay tuned to my website (mstreeter.com) for more info on Nothing Lasts Forever. I interviewed Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray about it, as well as the director and producer and some other people involved.

As for the Euro commentary - originally it was supposed to be Chevy and Beverly. I agree, though. Chevy does need someone with him. Randy Quaid, Beverly D'Angelo or the director.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
On the commentaries: Harold Ramis, director of the original, has done commentaries in the past (Analyze This, Groundhog Day etc.) so maybe he'll sit down for Vacation. Also it'd be VERY cool for the one and only JOHN HUGHES to do commentaries for Vacation and Christmas Vacation as he wrote the screenplays for both.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I've seen in the stores that the European DVD says that it is widescreen and anamorphic. Is this really true and is the transfer any good? I love to pick this one up if it is a decent anamorphic transfer.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
X-LNT news....and it couldnt have more than a $15 MSRP, so that means $10 or less most places.....

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Thanks for the news David!

I've seen this movie more times than any other - it's just one of those ones I can't stop watching...even if it's just on TV, with no Beverly D'Angelo boobie shots. :)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
SWEEEEEEEET!

Clark: "Honey, Can I wash your back?"
Ellen: "I've already done my back"
Clark: "Can I wash your front??"
Ellen: "Go do your own front!"

One of the funniest movies ever made. Please say this is true and while we're dreaming...how about a nice commentary from Chevy Chase!

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
This is Excellent news. I am also hoping that Warner re-releases Christmas Vacation, Christmas Story, Police Academy, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Grumpy Old Men, Grumpier Old Men, etc onto DVD in anamorphic Widescreen.

Glenn_Jn

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know about anamorphic widescreen but I bet the transfers on these films are as bad as most WB catalog stuff i.e scratches and other visual anomalies that ruin an otherwise nice picture. Still I suppose we can't expect them to do restorations on ALL their films this soon. Maybe one day all their back catalog DVD's will get the SE treatment given to the likes of Cuckoo's Nest, Amadeus etc. I won't be holding my breath though!

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
Vegas Vacation should get the 16x9 widescreen DVD treatment too. Wasn't the LaserDisc 1.85:1 ? If so, there was no excuse for Warner Bros. to release that 1.33:1 open-matte DVD. BTW, Vegas had the hottest Audrey, Marisol Nichols. (Dana Barron from the original is a close second.)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
As Eugene says, this is excellent news not only because I like this movie (and have held off purchasing because it's in MAR) but this also gives us hope that other MAR'd early WB comedies will be put out in OAR - specifically Ace Ventura! Come on Warner!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!! (Dances around the room naked)

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
DVD | Special Edition | Widescreen [16:9 Transfer]
Announce Date: 7/10/03
Order Date: 9/9/03
Street Date: 10/7/03
Cat#: 27536
UPC: 085392753628
ISBN: 0-7907-7946-3
MSRP: $19.98
MAP: None
Format: DVD
Media Quantity: 1
Special Version: Special Edition
Sound Track Language: English
Packaging Type: DVD tray (FLP snapper)
Run Time: 97
Closed Captioning: Yes

Aspect Ratio:
Original Aspect Ratio - 1.85
Widescreen [16:9 Transfer]

Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Sound Quality:
Dolby Surround Stereo - English
Mono - French
Extras, if any, aren't listed yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks