What's new

yourmusic.com price increase (1 Viewer)

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
Just received this:

Not sure if I'll stay in or not. It's probably cheaper (but much more of a hassle) to join bmg and do the buy one get x number at they're "great low price".

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
BMG may not be as consistently cheap, but they have sales. If your in my boat where I own lots of music and there's probably not much on their website you would want (by the time they get new releases, I've already bought what I wanted to the 1st week it was out locally on sale), BMG is a better/easier deal. There may be a few things at this point that I want that they have and I'll just wait until the sale price is right. I could probably not find one I'd want every month for more than a few months with the deal yourmusic.com has so I never bothered with it.

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
I remember yourmusic at $4.99. I think it's finally time for me to quit, I've already picked up the SACD titles I wanted, really doesn't come out to too big of a bargain considering you still get charged tax, and often times the cases are cracked.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
BMG has enough "Buy 1 Get 3 Free" type sales to trump this -- I just don't buy that much music these days.

Of course, if YourMusic is raising its prices, the same thing will probably happen with BMG -- aren't they owned by the same company?

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
Yes, one and the same. I just like the fact that I could que up music I wanted. I have about 70 cds in my que. I get a new one a month, which is good enough for me.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Does BMG still do the monthly card that you have to mail back? I always found that to be a big PITA. I would gladly pay an extra buck or so for the convienince of yourmusic.

Brian

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I always have a hard time finding stuff on yourmusic that I actually want. (Their selection isn't the greatest.) Maybe that's why they are so cheap. I think I have 7 in my queue now. Maybe I'll get those, and then quit or look into BMG or something.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Cool. Are they easy to find or do you have to use bizzare search terms to find them?

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
While it probably won't find every one, I uisually do a search by album title and use the work "SACD." That should get most of them.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I'll stick around for a little while longer as there's still plenty I like on yourmusic. Shoot, my queue is already out to 2011 or something.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

Same search terms on each site work. I use (SACD), (DualDisc), (DVD-A). Of course the only non-DualDisc DVD-A titles are the ones by Jackson Browne and The Flaming Lips. I also try the terms with " " rather than ( ), but that never finds anything extra if I recall correctly while the ( ) does find a couple of titles " " didn't find. Of course use album search and not artist search.

Chris

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Does BMG still do the monthly card that you have to mail back? I always found that to be a big PITA.

You can ask for "negative option", which means "only send me what I order", to avoid that.

You can also write "return to sender" on the unopened package & send it back without adding postage. After you do that a few times, they'll upgrade you to the negative option without asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks