YourFreeDVDs.com

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RobR, Jan 1, 2002.

1. RobR

RobR Second Unit

I am wondering if anybody here has tried www.YourFreeDVDs.com ? It involves subscribing to a bunch of offers (Netflix.com, DVDAvenue.com, free credit reports, credit cards, etc.) and accumulating enough points to obtain DVDs free of charge. I haven't tried it, but since I need to obtain some credit reports, I figure I might as well test it. Have you tried it and if so, how many free DVDs have you gotten so far?

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

3. Nick_Scott

Nick_Scott Second Unit

I only joined last Thursday, and I already had enough points to get the Simpsons Season 1 DVD, and Sleepy Hollow DVD. Thats $50-60 worth of DVDs, but we'll see if I actually get them.
    I'm following the advice I saw at this page:
    http://www.mollyscott.20fr.com/freedvds/freedvd.html
    Basically, sign up for everything, then cancel once I get the DVDs. NOTE: The page above mentions that the DVDs may be used, though they seem to be new releases, so I'm not sure how they would be 'used'.

4. RobR

RobR Second Unit

Nick,

Thanks for the link. I'm wondering how yourfreedvds.com knows if you've actually applied for the free offers/trials rather than just clicking on them. Is there some sort of communication using the e-mail address?

Kyle,

Um, maybe it should be there. I thought it's appropriate to post here since Software has a number of posts pertaining to free DVD offers such as the Blair Witch Project and Jurassic Park 3.

5. Nick_Scott

Nick_Scott Second Unit

Rob
    I read somewhere on www.yourfreedvds.com that after you complete the offer, that site (netflix,dvdavenue,etc) sends a message back to yourfreedvds saying it was completed, then you get the points. I'm sure its all done automatically, since most of my points came within a day or so.
    So, you have to do the offers through the links at yourfreedvds in order to get the points.
    I wrote down all the sites in a little notebook to keep track of them so I can cancel them all in a couple weeks.
    The Simpsons DVD was only 200 points, which seems like the best deal. (most of the DVDs are 200 points).

6. Nick_Scott

Nick_Scott Second Unit

I just got my free DVDs yesterday, so its not just a gimmick.

It took 3 weeks from the day I signed up, until the day I got them. Its supposed to only take 1 week, but I was told that the managment was on vacation early in January.

But I'm not complaining..... Free is Free, and they all appear completely new, not used like I originally thought.

7. RobR

RobR Second Unit

That's really cool. Out of curiousity, what free DVDs did you get?

8. Nick_Scott

Nick_Scott Second Unit

I picked the Simpsons-Season-1 DVD, and Sleepy Hollow DVD. All for free, though you have to read all the fine print. Some of the offers are sneeky.

I might be getting the new Tron DVD once I can squeeze a few more points.