What's new

Your worst movie of the year list in this decade from 2000 to present (1 Viewer)

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
Here is my list

2000 Battlefield Earth: Worst sci-fi movie ever

2001 Ali: Worst biography movie ever

2002 Rollerball: Worst remake ever

2003 Legally Blonde 2: Worst sequel ever

2004 Christmas with the Kranks: Worst Christmas movie ever

And finally so far my worst movie of 2005 is White Noise

What is yours.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
From the lists...

2001 - Planet of the Apes. Yeah, that was pretty awful.
2002 - Swept Away. The only time I've ever come out of a movie feeling unclean.
2003 - Anger Management. Aggressively stupid
2004 - Dominator, but that was an animated thing made for UK TV that I saw at a festival. Among stuff that got a US theatrical release, Birth.
2005 - So far, White Noise

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Battlefield:Earth is my #1 most hated movie of all time, followed closely by Daredevil.

2004 - Darkness. Utter crap.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Of the ones I've seen. There's actually a lot more in 2001 and 2002 that are worse than either Scary Movie or How To Lose a Guy, but since we had to pick one from each year, this is my list.

2000 - Scary Movie
2001 - Bridget Jones' Diary
2002 - The Hours
2003 - How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

BrentWW

Agent
2000 - Battlefield Earth, not just the worst sci-fi movie ever, but one of the worst movies ever, period.

2001 - oh wow. so many to choose from. Bubble Boy comes to mind. (thank goodness I only saw bits of it on TV)

2002 - The Time Machine. What a butchering of a literary classic.

2003 - Timeline. How Richard Donner screwed up this adaptation I'll never know.

2004 - Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2. I didn't see it, but I saw the trailers, and that was enough convincing for me.

2005 - To be determined...

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hey, Bubble Boy is a good movie! You certainly can't name something "worst" if you don't actually know how bad it is.

BrentWW

Agent
I watched about half an hour of it, changed the channel for awhile, came back to see if it had improved (since I'd heard good things), and watched about 20 more minutes, and turned it off. Pretty bad in my opinion.

And hey, it's my list, isn't it? :p)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
2000 - Mission: Impossible 2
2001 - Monsters Ball
2002 - Chicago
2003 - Once Upon a Time in Mexico
2004 - Garfield: The Movie

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
This thread made me realize how many of the movies I hate most are from the first few years of the 2000s.

2000- Lost Souls
2001- The One
2002- Men In Black II
2003- How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days and Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle

In 2004 I made a vow to only go to the movies to see movies when I'm fairly certain that they'll be high quality (trying not to waste money on bad movies anymore), so I only saw good movies in 2004 and with luck, 2005 will be the same.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

I think that's what EVERYONE is trying to do...If you don't SEE them, how do you know if they're bad or good? :crazy:

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
2000: Gladiator
2001: The Fellowship of the Ring
2002: Spirited Away
2003: Return of the King
2004: The Aviator
2005: King Kong

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Ernest list rocks!

I don't have a list, I'm just going to flag the following:

Any movie staring J-Lo except Anaconda, U-Turn and Out Of Sight and Jersey Girl. This is for all future movies she may decide to make, and no, I'm not going to say her ass makes any of the movies worthwhile.

And it goes double for any singing she may do.

Hmmm,

On-Bak
Raising Helen
Every other romance movie in the past 5 years, not counting Eternal Sunshine.
95% of Julia Roberts output.
Legally Blond 2 and the Southern shit movie with Reese Witherspoon.
Chuck Norris entire career.
Van Helsing and every other movie Sommers was/is and potentially be attached too.
Michael Bays entire output, aside from the production of Texas Chainsaw.

I'll stop my blanket of hate. I actually do like movies though...

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'd have to think about 2001-2005 but I have my pick for the worst movie of 2000 that I saw...

2000: Ready to Rumble

I'll come back to this when I think of my others.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I forgot about Alien Vs Predator: The worst sequel to 2 movies ever!

OHHHH I'm vibrating with hate just thinking about this!!:angry:

Spielberg mostly sucked this decade too. Minority Report was okay. I lost all interest in War Of The Worlds when I learned that it isn't victorian period.

Oh krikes!

The Punisher was shit awful.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Swordfish 2001 - I still don't know HOW I got talked into seeing Swordfish [which my computer geek brother INSISTS is a great movie!!] considering my dislike of John Travolta. Thankfully, little brother bought the tickets. Now, if he could just find a way to repay me the irreplaceable time from my life I lost watching this tripe...

Jeepers Creepers 2001 - This little stinker came along and the only reason I did not complain more was because 1. I did not pay for the tickets 2. The entire audience fell into MiSTing it less than 10 minutes in.

Star Wars: Episode 2 Attack of the Clones 2002 - My first public outing from the hospital after sustaining a spinal cord injury. Not even being doped to the gills on pain meds made this one any better. The whole audience was snickering uncontrollably during the "love scene".

The Core 2003 - Even to someone who last took an astronomy 101 course about 20 years ago, this one stunk to high heaven. This one deserves the MST3K treatment, a few Golden Razzies, and a place of honor at badastronomy.com. Little brother likes the special effects and the "adventure." I am SO glad that he IS adopted, and not blood kin!

The Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions 2003 - The quirky [charm?] of the original Matrix just did not carry through with these. I thought I was going to strain the muscles of my eyeballs, however, when the machine thing near the end of Revolutions said, "It is done!" thinking, oh, man, the idea of Keanu as the second coming is a rather chilling one. The One version 6.0 is what I called Neo. My brother and I are also at odds over this. He says Great! I say Grating.

Walking Tall 2004 - I still have no idea what this was all about. Memory has failed, utterly.

The Alamo 2004 - Whether or not this was more "true" to the events that actually happened at the real Alamo, it was still no good. What was even better was going to the movie with a friend born and raised in Texas, who was openly saying things like "What the :angry: was that?" I also received an impromptu Texas history lesson, because the portrayal of Sam Houston was suspiciously bad. My opinion of Billy Bob Thornton, however, has remained the same, because he was the only one I found believable.

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
Dancer In the Dark – 2000 No film in which Bjork dies in the end, could ever be, fully embraced by me.

Memento – 2001 It wasn’t worth all the hype nor its online cult following.

Death To Smoochy – 2002 Everyone involved should get slapped!

Soul Plane – 2004 Just another Hip Hop cash-in. This is why Hollywood undermines its black dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks