What's new

Your Twilight Time/MGM wishlist? (1 Viewer)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The 2nd sequel to In The Heat Of The Night, it's called The Organization, i have never seen it, i'd be interested in purchasing it.

EdG

Stunt Coordinator
Hawaii
The Hawaiians
Kid Galahad (1962)
Legend of the Lost
Inherit the Wind
The Alamo
Legend of the Lost
Hour of the Gun

and lots of Burt Lancaster films:
Run Silent, Run Deep
Elmer Gantry
The Train
Seperate Tables
Judgment at Nuremberg
The Scalphunters
The Hallelujah Trail
Birdman of Alcatraz

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
EdG said:
Hawaii
The Hawaiians
Kid Galahad (1962)
Legend of the Lost
Inherit the Wind
The Alamo
Legend of the Lost
Hour of the Gun

and lots of Burt Lancaster films:
Run Silent, Run Deep
Elmer Gantry
The Train
Seperate Tables
Judgment at Nuremberg
The Scalphunters
The Hallelujah Trail
Birdman of Alcatraz
I guess here your referring to the longer version of the Alamo?

EdG

Stunt Coordinator
LouA said:
I guess here your referring to the longer version of the Alamo?
Lou, I would love to see the roadshow version especially restored but given the costs if TT would get rights to release The Alamo I suspect it would be the wide release version.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
The matter of THE ALAMO keeps coming up in these discussions. The question begs to be asked. If Twilight Time could acquire a hi-def scan of the 2-hour 42-minute version of THE ALAMO, would you buy? if that's all there was? is it better to get the shorter version on blu-ray than no version at all? Maybe I should start a poll.

Personally I'd buy it at the drop of a hat.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Richard--W said:
The matter of THE ALAMO keeps coming up in these discussions. The question begs to be asked. If Twilight Time could acquire a hi-def scan of the 2-hour 42-minute version of THE ALAMO, would you buy? if that's all there was? is it better to get the shorter version on blu-ray than no version at all? Maybe I should start a poll.

You'd have to race me (and I suspect others) to the website. I'd get multiple copies as "backups".

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
THE ALAMO? Yes I would get the General Release version if released on Blu. But with the possible release of IAMMMMW of its Roadshow version, I'm thinking that a restoration of THE ALAMO is not out of sight.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
ahollis said:
THE ALAMO? Yes I would get the General Release version if released on Blu. But with the possible release of IAMMMMW of its Roadshow version, I'm thinking that a restoration of THE ALAMO is not out of sight.
Frankly, I'd love for Criterion to get their hands on this and put out a "kitchen sink" edition fully restored...with RAH's full participation in it!!!

Jobla

Supporting Actor
Yes, I would buy a Blu-ray of THE ALAMO in the wide release version, and still hope for the roadshow version at a later date.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
The Train
How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying
Irma La Douce
From Noon Till Three
Smile (Michael Richie)
The Hospital
Foxes

Not sure if these are available, but Jean de Florette/Manon of the Spring and a handful of Truffaut films I believe MGM Still control. Criterion may have grabbed them already.

EdG

Stunt Coordinator
Richard--W said:

Jobla said:
Yes, I would buy a Blu-ray of THE ALAMO in the wide release version, and still hope for the roadshow version at a later date.
I should have said so in my last post but same here I would buy the shorter version and if the roadshow was offered i would buy it again.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Richard--W said:

Yes I'd buy the shorter version on bluray, but I'd keep hoping that someone would release the roadshow version!

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
EdG said:
I should have said so in my last post but same here I would buy the shorter version and if the roadshow was offered i would buy it again.
So would I. I want to own both edits.

Reactions: EdG

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Mark Cappelletty said:
TT basically announced on their page (in the posts) that they have BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA on their docket.
Jolly good news. I had a hunch Twilight Time might take an interest in BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA (1974). There's a blu-ray in Europe which I haven't seen.

BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA has the blackest heart of any film noir I've seen, even blacker than VICTIMAS DEL PEDACO (1951). The key word there is "heart." It has a lot of heart. I'm a little disappointed by some of the remarks made in the commentary on the MGM DVD. The commentators never refer to it as a film noir, or seem aware that it is a noir. They seem to think the film is an unintentional comedy or a black comedy. It isn't. They almost apologize for it. I think Peckinpah knew exactly what he was doing and made exactly the film he wanted to make. I think it's his masterpiece. Informative though they are, I wish the Peckinpah Posse would reconsider the film and do another commentary. Either that or Twilight Time should ask Stephen Prince to do the commentary. But I am delighted to hear they're bringing it to blu-ray. Next year, probably.

AlfredoGarcia-1974-UA-quad.jpg

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia is one great neo noir that further develops themes from Peckinpah's earlier films and i would definately buy the Bluray. More westerns from TT would be great, Duel at Diablo, Man of the West, Lawman, Hour of the Gun, Wild Rovers, Pat Garret and Billy the Kid, i would buy any of these on Bluray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks