What's new

your Twilight Time / Columbia wishlist? (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I am also very anxious for Hal Ashby's SHAMPOO. One of Ashby and Warren Beatty's best.

This one does seem to be taking a while. Grover Crisp announced some time ago (3 years or so) that this film had been given a glorious 4K makeover and was ready for the world to see her beautiful digitized new face...well...I still don't think we know who will be delivering this glamorous new shiny disc to our awaiting blu-ray players.

Could be Criterion, could be Twilight Time, could be Sony themselves...who knows but we do know this...it's coming.

Reactions: PMF

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
drumsoftahiti-1953-columbia-one-jpg.3237

fortti-1953-columbia-one-jpg.3238

jessejamesvsthedaltons-columbia-1953-jpg.3239

nebraskan-1953-columbia-three-jpg.3242

strangerworeagun-1953-columbia-one-jpg.3243

This is an impressive list of Columbia 3D titles, but who would restore and master them? Would Sony team with 3D Film Archives, which seems to have a great deal on their plate already? Would the studio even agree to license them? Be great, though.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
This is an impressive list of Columbia 3D titles, but who would restore and master them? Would Sony team with 3D Film Archives, which seems to have a great deal on their plate already? Would the studio even agree to license them? Be great, though.

Unless there is a change, Sony has there own restoration group headed by Grover Crisp (sp?). I was just listing what titles are left to be restored and released on Blu-ray 3D.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
"Run Wild, Run Free" (1969) w/ Mark Lester and John Mills
"Flight of The Doves" (1971) w/ Ron Moody and Jack Wild

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed

yes, all of these in 3-D. The existing Columbia 3-D titles have all been sensational. A lot of fun, very satisfying to look at, and solidly entertaining.

Sony's restoration team did an incredible job, although 3-D Film Archive also do very fine work. I would be thrilled if some or all of these additional Columbia titles get mastered by either group.

Bottom line, I want more!

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
This one does seem to be taking a while. Grover Crisp announced some time ago (3 years or so) that this film had been given a glorious 4K makeover and was ready for the world to see her beautiful digitized new face...well...I still don't think we know who will be delivering this glamorous new shiny disc to our awaiting blu-ray players.

Could be Criterion, could be Twilight Time, could be Sony themselves...who knows but we do know this...it's coming.

Twilight Time has asked about it. The rumor is that Warren Beatty wants Criterion to release it. They released the Laserdisc back in the day.
th

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
I'm curious about this film. It has never had any type of home entertainment release as far as I can tell. Is it a 'lost' film or perhaps it is in need a complete restoration.

220px-The_Running_Man_%281963%29_poster.jpeg

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I'm curious about this film. It has never had any type of home entertainment release as far as I can tell. Is it a 'lost' film or perhaps it is in need a complete restoration.

220px-The_Running_Man_%281963%29_poster.jpeg

I saw this about a year or so ago on one of the movie channels. It was a very nice HD presentation, from what appeared to be a fairly recent master, so it may yet see a release. I'd imagine it's more likely to see the light of day in the U.K, though.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
I saw this about a year or so ago on one of the movie channels. It was a very nice HD presentation, from what appeared to be a fairly recent master, so it may yet see a release. I'd imagine it's more likely to see the light of day in the U.K, though.

Perhaps with Indicator, It seems perfect for Twilight Time though.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
TT or Criterion would meet my criteria for Shampoo; for in the end, it'll be a transfer from Mr. Crisp.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

greg.shoemaker

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gregory Shoemaker
How about a DAMN THE DEFIANT BD? This is one of my favorite films (and the best seafaring title around).

Attachments

• Damn the Defiant.png
    Damn the Defiant.png
    208.8 KB · Views: 35

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Interlude_FilmPoster.jpeg
Excellent film and and a beautiful score by Georges Delerue. Early roles for Donald Sutherland, Derek Jacobi and John Cleese.

Last edited:

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc

The theme song of INTERLUDE written by Georges Delerue and was sung by Timi Yuro. Morrisey's favorite song and singer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks