What's new

Your Top 10 Films of 1999 (1 Viewer)

DisneySwan1990

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sagalina Hazzan
Mines Were:10.Austin Powers 29.Drive Me Crazy8.TPM7.Tarzan6.Toy Story 25.World Is Not Enough4.The King And I3.The Matrix2.American Beauty1.Fantasia 2000

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I haven't even seen ten movies from 1999, so I'll just list all that I've seen, the good and the not-so-good:

Toy Story 2TarzanFantasia 2000The Iron GiantGalaxy QuestStar Wars: The Phantom Menace

---------------

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
THE MATRIX and THREE KINGS are up there, but not much else from Hollywood. I could add PRINCESS MONONOKE in its English dub, because 1999 is when it got released in the U.S., even though I'd already seen the Japanese version by then. I saw the dub three times on the big screen before getting the DVD the following year. I remember showing scenes from a Japanese VHS copy of the film in Japanese with no subs. to my anime class in Spring 1999 and the kids got so excited. When it opened theatrically in October of that year, it followed a U.S. premiere at the New York Film Festival, which Miyazaki attended. He was also in town to promote the Studio Ghibli retrospective at the Museum of Modern Art. The only film he came to introduce was MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO and it wasn't announced beforehand, so when he was introduced the crowd went nuts. A great memory.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Something like this:

Magnolia
The Matrix
Eyes Wide Shut
Fight Club
Toy Story 2
American Beauty
Felicia's Journey
Election
Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai
The Straight Story

Honorable mentions: The Talented Mr. Ripley, The Green Mile, Galaxy Quest

- Walter.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
-October Sky

-The Dream Life Of Angels

-Office Space

-SLC Punk

-Eyes Wide Shut

-The Straight Story

-American Beauty

-Being John Malkovich

-American Movie: The making of Northwestern

-Man On The Moon

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Great year for movies. No mention of what I thought was the year's best...The Insider by Michael Mann. I'll stick a top ten in shortly, but that is my clear #1.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Cider House Rules
Princess Mononoke
Fantasia 2000
Toy Story 2
Tarzan
Galaxy Quest
Austin Powers 2
The Sixth Sense
October Sky
Star Wars Phantom Menace

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
The InsiderToy Story 2Fight ClubThe MatrixGalaxy QuestSleepy HollowBowfingerThree KingsAmerican BeautyTarzanHonorable Mention: The Iron Giant, 10 Things I Hate About YouHonest Abe, I've never seen Adaptation. I need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks