What's new

Your thoughts on the Toshiba TDP-MT200 (1 Viewer)

Jackson L

Stunt Coordinator
I just read THIS review at Toms Hardware Guide and it peaked my interest in the Toshiba MT200. It's only $1,300 and was rated the best except for the more expensive Toshiba MT500. I haven't heard much about Toshiba projectors on this forum. What are your thoughts?

Also, The distance from wall to wall in my room is 16 feet. According to the throw distance calculator the smallest screen size would be 95in wide. That's too big. If I had an 80x45in screen and had the projector 16 feet back would that work?

About a screen. I found THIS 84in wide screen which would be perfect except it's 4:8. At the Elite Screens website they have the VMAX92NWH which is a 16:9 motorized screen. However, I cannot find a single store that sells it. Google turns up nothing. Are those screens any good anyway? Any other suggestions on an 84in wide 16:9 screen for no more than $400?

Also, how would I go about finding local stores that would allow me to preview projectors? I don't know what stores to look for or where to look. The closest area would likely be around Olympia WA. Anyone have any ideas?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Give this till tomorrow.. The projector guys tend to post late. :)

I am very week on throw -vs- screen size. But yesterday I think I did convice somebody to try a 4805 instead of getting a larger RPTV unit. And guess who will be installing it when he gets it?? :)

Jackson L

Stunt Coordinator
Will do. :) I would also like to add the Panasonic L500U to the list. It is $1,400 and has a native resolution of 1280x720 instead of 854x480 on the Toshiba. How would those two compare?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Dang still no posts back on this one....
Come on Projo guys, this seems right up your alley!!!! :)

On the projectors, while the raw resolution should be a factor in your choice, it should only be part of the choice.

Can you demo any of the projectors your interested in???

On any projector or any display for that matter, if you buy, you really should make sure there is a good return policy just in case your not happy with it.

Jackson L

Stunt Coordinator
Well thanks John for bumping this thread and thanks for all the help you could give me. I don't know if I can demo any of them because I have no idea where to go. I don't know what stores in my area carry projectors and such. I have researched it a bit but the closest I could find is in Seattle. That's a long drive. I know there must be some closer.

It looks like this thread is going the way of most of my threads on this forum which is no conclusive answer. :frowning: I only ask because I can't find the answers myself. I'm new in the projector arena and can't seem to get any answers anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks