What's new

Your thoughts on Kino-Lorber Blu-rays (1 Viewer)

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I really love
I'm pretty sure it's StudioCanal. It's one of the numerous Ealing productions they seem to have in their catalog.
I really really appreciate all of the excellent British films from Ealing and others that Kino has released in recent years. The Green Man, It only Rains on Sunday, The Night My Number Came Up, The Man Between, Outcast of the Islands, The Captain’s Paradise, Room at the Top, etc. etc. These are my favorite releases of everything that Kino releases, and I hope that Kino continues with this. I also appreciate their French and Italian language releases such as the Melville titles and movies such as Indiscretions of an American Wife/Terminal Station. The audio commentary tracks are what incentivizes me to buy the physical discs. I also like any other special features and documentaries. The Man in the White Suit was an example of an excellent disc for special features.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I could sit closer on the side but then I would lose the center sweet spot. Besides we are talking about a 4K disc that doesn't exist for Ben-Hur.

Just plop an easily movable lounge chair roughly 1/2 way from your current sweet spot whenever you wanna watch something like that in 4K -- ~8ft oughta do it for an 86" screen... although even closer might be even better, haha. That's probably what I'd do if I were in your situation -- my current setup is roughly equiv to you sitting ~7.5ft from your screen.

_Man_

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
The sale will start on June 17th or June 23rd with the latter date more likely to happen. There will be about 800 titles on sale. The sale will end either on July 12th or 19th.
Do you know if Kino will ever get the Cohen edition of Lured back in stock? Made the mistake of not popping on it when I had the chance...live and learn!!

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Kino Lorber is PARAMOUNT among all physical media distributors
My predictions:
1)THE CARPETBAGGERS
2)NEVADA SMITH
3)ALFIE
4)WARNING SHOT
5)WILL PENNY
6)THE BROTHERHOOD
7)THE LAWYER
8)THE OUT OF TOWNERS
9)CATCH 22
10)DARLING LILI
11)PLAY IT AGAIN SAM
12)THE MAN
13)A SEPERATE PEACE
14)BAD COMPANY
15)CHILDS PLAY
16)PAPER MOON
17)BANG THE DRUM SLOWLY
18)ASH WEDNESDAY
19)DAISY MILLER
20)APPRENTICESHIP OF DUDDY KRAVITZ
21)THE LONGEST YARD (1974)
22)THE GAMBLER
23)THE LITTLE PRINCE
24)THE DAY OF THE LOCUST
25)SHEILA LEVINE IS DEAD...
26)MAHOGANY
27)THE BIG BUS
28)LIFEGUARD
29)THE SHOOTIST
30)CITIZENS BAND
31)LOOKING FOR MR GOODBAR
32)REAL LIFE
33)BLOODLINE
34)NORTH DALLAS FORTY
35)STARTING OVER
36)LITTLE DARLINGS
37)DRAGONSLAYER
38)PATERNITY
39)IT CAME FROM HOLLYWOOD
40)LORDS OF DISCIPLINE
41)THE MAN WHO WASNT THERE(1983)
42)TESTAMENT
43)BEYOND THE LIMIT
44)NATE AND HAYES
45)THE KEEP
46)THE NIGHT THE LIGHTS WENT OUT IN GEORGIA
47)FALLING IN LOVE
48)SUMMER RENTAL
49)YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES
50)HEARTBURN
51)FRANKIE AND JOHNNY
52)REGARDING HENRY
53)BOB ROBERTS
54)SHADOWLANDS
55)CONEHEADS
56)SCHOOL TOIES
57)STEPPING OUT
58)SHIRLEY VALENTINE
59)JUICE
60)BOB ROBERTS
61)DR. JECKYLL AND SISTER HYDE
62)EXIT TO EDEN
63)LIGHTNING JACK
64)ALMOST AN ANGEL
65)SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISHER

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Just watched the beautifully restored Blu Ray of BLUE SKIES. Given its almost non-existent plot its probably the least interesting of the Berlin grab-bag films, but still lots of fun. This leaves the Twentieth Century Fox production of SECOND FIDDLE as the only big Berlin film only available on VHS. Is there any chance that this GWTW spoof might be rescued by Kino? I've given up trying to figure out who owns what these days ...

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
If you ordered through Kino they were automatically mailed to you. If you bought it through another seller then you need to request a replacement.

alistairKerr

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alistair
......... This leaves the Twentieth Century Fox production of SECOND FIDDLE as the only big Berlin film only available on VHS. Is there any chance that this GWTW spoof might be rescued by Kino? I've given up trying to figure out who owns what these days ...

It was issued on DVD in the UK:

Attachments

• second fiddle UK DVD cover.jpg
    second fiddle UK DVD cover.jpg
    794.2 KB · Views: 39

Claude North

Second Unit
Looking forward to seeing KLSC's Paramount releases. Three titles that come to mind are Sylvia (1965), Sheila Levine is Dead and Living in New York (1975), and Unman, Wittering, and Zigo (1971). I'm especially hoping for Sylvia, which was a staple of WKBS-TV's "8 O'Clock Movie" and mandatory viewing for me.

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
The sale will start on June 17th or June 23rd with the latter date more likely to happen. There will be about 800 titles on sale. The sale will end either on July 12th or 19th.
I hope that Kino offers many of their box sets at a good sale price. I love box sets.

rdimucci

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert DiMucci
I have a question on the Kino/Scorpion release of 1978's SLOW DANCING IN THE BIG CITY. Both the IMDB and the Kino website show this film as running 110 minutes. There is currently a version on YouTube that runs 105 minutes. Leonard Maltin's Movie Guide and the book "Screen World" by John Willis both say that the film runs 101 minutes, and that is the length at which the film was copyrighted. And the back of the Kino Blu-ray disc package says that the film runs 84 minutes. Does anyone have an accurate timing for the film?

Last edited:

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Per Kino in another forum : " We also asked for Desperate Hours, but it wasn't available. Either with another label or to be released by the studio "

This made me more likely to get the Imprint box set UNLESS a US label / Paramount themselves announces it before the end of August
Just wanted to share this tidbit for those interested

The same situation for The Warriors

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks